    windows media player. I am using IE6. I have saved avi and mpg files
    previously.. Why can I not now?

    Jeff

    CTB, Oct 17, 2003

  2. CTB

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "CTB" <> wrote in news::

    > I cannot save video files from web pages, I can only watch them online
    > with windows media player. I am using IE6. I have saved avi and mpg
    > files previously.. Why can I not now?

    Can you be more clear as to why you can't save them now? Do you get an
    error?

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk (actually me)
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

    DeMoN LaG, Oct 17, 2003

  3. CTB

    CTB Guest

    "DeMoN LaG" <n@a> wrote in message
    > "CTB" <> wrote in news::
    >
    > > I cannot save video files from web pages, I can only watch them online
    > > with windows media player. I am using IE6. I have saved avi and mpg
    > > files previously.. Why can I not now?
    > >

    > Can you be more clear as to why you can't save them now? Do you get an
    > error?

    no error, the 'save target as' option is not highlighted so I cannot select
    it... I guess that's how I saved them last time.. (It has been a few
    months since I've tried saving a video file)

    CTB, Oct 17, 2003
  4. CTB

    Isildur Guest

    "CTB" <> wrote in message
    > I cannot save video files from web pages, I can only watch them online

    with
    > windows media player. I am using IE6. I have saved avi and mpg files
    > previously.. Why can I not now?
    >
    > Jeff

    Maybe you've set the WMP IE plug in to play any audio/video in it's own
    column?

    Isildur, Oct 17, 2003
  5. CTB

    Thor Guest

    Some online media won't allow you to save it locally. It's probably a
    streaming-only video.

    Thor, Oct 17, 2003
  6. CTB

    CTB Guest

    "Thor" <> wrote in message
    > Some online media won't allow you to save it locally. It's probably a
    > streaming-only video.

    Is there any way to get around this? Or is it not possible to download
    them?

    Thanks
    Jeff.

    CTB, Oct 17, 2003
  7. CTB

    CTB Guest

    "Isildur" <> wrote in message

    > Maybe you've set the WMP IE plug in to play any audio/video in it's own
    > column?

    If this is the case, how do I change it?

    CTB, Oct 17, 2003
  8. CTB

    Thor Guest

    Some programs have been made to try and capture what is on-screen during the
    streaming video, but in my experience the results are usually poor quality.
    I wouldn't waste my time trying to get realmedia, or windows streaming
    media. Quicktime will often allow you to save if you have the pro version.
    But it still depends on the whims of the content author.

    Thor, Oct 18, 2003