    typing them in every time.
    Many thanks
    P in Wales

    penny.livingstone, Apr 13, 2005

  2. penny.livingstone

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 14:35:25 +0000 (UTC), "penny.livingstone"
    <> wrote:

    >Please could someone tell me how I can save passwords typed in, to save
    >typing them in every time.
    >Many thanks

    Where?

    Evan Platt, Apr 13, 2005

  3. penny.livingstone

    Old Gringo Guest

    penny.livingstone wrote:
    > Please could someone tell me how I can save passwords typed in, to save
    > typing them in every time.
    > Many thanks
    > P in Wales

    In most cases there is an option save password with tick box next to
    it. or save user name and password. Good luck

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life

    Old Gringo, Apr 13, 2005
  4. penny.livingstone

    Old Gringo Guest

    penny.livingstone wrote:
    > Please could someone tell me how I can save passwords typed in, to save
    > typing them in every time.
    > Many thanks
    > P in Wales

    PS: For online use, cookies must be enabled.

    Old Gringo, Apr 13, 2005
  5. penny.livingstone

    <> wrote:

    |>Please could someone tell me how I can save passwords typed in, to save
    |>typing them in every time.

    I use a program called AceRose
    http://www.tucows.com/preview/298023.html

    This way I can use them on a Multiboot system, and have them available
    if I need to reformat or lose data files or cookies.

    It doesn't integrate itself to the system (stand alone), and the
    directory is less than a meg and fits on a floppy.

    --
    http://www.newscientist.com/channel/space/mg18524911.600

    , Apr 13, 2005
  6. penny.livingstone

    °Mike° Guest

    Due to lack of details, here are some links on password problems:

    Dial-Up Networking Password Is Not Saved

    Save Password Check Box Is Unavailable

    Damaged Password List File Does Not Save Passwords

    User Information Not Saved for Dial-Up Networking Connection

    OLEXP Your Outlook Express Password Is Not Retained
    in Windows 2000 or XP

    OL2000: (IMO) Password Is Not Retained in Windows 2000 or XP

    In <d3jand$jsk$>,
    penny.livingstone took 6 lines to utter:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Apr 13, 2005
  7. penny.livingstone

    Keme Guest

    Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 14:35:25 +0000 (UTC), "penny.livingstone"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>Please could someone tell me how I can save passwords typed in, to save
    >>typing them in every time.
    >>Many thanks

    > Where?

    Somewhere in the "tools", "Options" or "Edit" menus you can find an
    entry named "Properties", "Options" or "Settings". That's where you'll
    most likely find the "remember password" settings for the browser.

    Some websites offer a "remember me" checkbox on the website. For that to
    work, cookies must be enabled.

    Keme, Apr 16, 2005
  8. penny.livingstone

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 13:42:26 +0200, Keme <>
    wrote:

    >Somewhere in the "tools", "Options" or "Edit" menus you can find an
    >entry named "Properties", "Options" or "Settings". That's where you'll
    >most likely find the "remember password" settings for the browser.
    >
    >Some websites offer a "remember me" checkbox on the website. For that to
    >work, cookies must be enabled.

    May want to try following up to the OP, not me.

    Evan Platt, Apr 20, 2005