    would that work?.
    Thank you for any help,
    Misty.
    Misty, May 1, 2006

  2. Misty

    Mara Guest

    On Mon, 01 May 2006 03:30:16 GMT, "Misty" <> wrote:

    >I am just learning how to save things to CD. I have Windows XP Home and
    >would like to know if there is an easy way to save my folders, or all of
    >outlook express to a CD. I was told to search google but the instructions
    >were a little too technical for me at this stage. I found the OE folder in
    >windows explorer and wondered if I just clicked on "send to" the D drive
    >would that work?.
    >Thank you for any help,
    >Misty.

    Why back up the whole thing? If it's just the messages you want to save, try
    this:

    http://www.oehelp.com/dbxtract/default.aspx

    Otherwise, try this:

    http://www.oehelp.com/oebackup/default.aspx

    --
    The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in
    the lie. One word of truth outweighs the world.
    Mara, May 1, 2006

  3. Misty

    Misty Guest

    Thanks Mara, I don't really want to save the messages just the folders and
    the few newsgroups I have found, as I have heard that I could lose O.e.
    Thank you for the site looks as though that should do it for me.
    Misty.

    Misty, May 1, 2006
  4. Misty

    Mara Guest

    On Mon, 01 May 2006 03:47:10 GMT, "Misty" <> wrote:

    >Thanks Mara, I don't really want to save the messages just the folders and
    >the few newsgroups I have found, as I have heard that I could lose O.e.
    >Thank you for the site looks as though that should do it for me.

    I suppose you *could* lose OE. You can also uninstall it.

    Not that either would be a bad thing, necessarily**....

    You're welcome.

    >Misty.
    >"Mara" <> wrote in message

    <snip>
    >> http://www.oehelp.com/dbxtract/default.aspx
    >>
    >> Otherwise, try this:
    >>
    >> http://www.oehelp.com/oebackup/default.aspx
    >>
    >> --
    >> The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in
    >> the lie. One word of truth outweighs the world.
    >> -- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    **Here's only part of the reason why. I shouldn't be seeing this.

    Mara, May 1, 2006
  5. Misty

    Gordon Guest

    Misty wrote:
    > Thanks Mara, I don't really want to save the messages just the
    > folders

    The folders contain the messages. You can't save folders without saving
    messages!

    Have a look here:

    http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/backup/index.htm

    > and the few newsgroups I have found,

    Don't bother - just make a note of which ones you are subscribed to, and
    then if you have to re-install, just re-subscribe.
    Gordon, May 1, 2006