    like to save....... whats the best way to do this? I use Outlook Express
    with WinXP.... Is there a way to email myself all these emails with one
    click?

    don, Aug 1, 2007

  2. don

    Vanguard Guest

    "don" wrote in message news:f8qk5o$ikq$...
    >I want to reformat my harddrive but I have about 200 emails which I
    >would like to save....... whats the best way to do this? I use Outlook
    >Express with WinXP.... Is there a way to email myself all these emails
    >with one click?

    Save all the .dbx files for Outlook Express under your profile whose
    location depends on WHICH version of Windows you are using but did not
    mention. Export all the accounts to .iaf files.

    Microsoft has a huge support knowledgebase at
    http://support.microsoft.com. Use the advanced search. Pick a product,
    like "Outlook Express", and enter your search criteria, like "backup".
    Then you, too, and by yourself, could find:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/270670/en-us

    You could also search Google for 3rd party backup programs and articles:

    http://www.google.com/search?q=%2B"outlook+express"+%2Bbackup

    Vanguard, Aug 1, 2007

  3. don

    dadiOH Guest

    don wrote:
    > I want to reformat my harddrive but I have about 200 emails which I
    > would like to save....... whats the best way to do this? I use
    > Outlook Express with WinXP.... Is there a way to email myself all
    > these emails with one click?

    Forget the dbx files, there are easier ways...

    1. Do what you said...mail them to yourself. Use Ctrl + A to select
    all, drag to the email to yourself into the attachments window.

    2. Instead of mailing them, just select all, drag to a folder, burn to
    a CD. Reverse that after reformatting.

    --

    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, Aug 1, 2007
  4. don

    Mitch Guest

    In article <f8qk5o$ikq$>, don <> wrote:

    > I want to reformat my harddrive but I have about 200 emails which I would
    > like to save....... whats the best way to do this? I use Outlook Express
    > with WinXP.... Is there a way to email myself all these emails with one
    > click?

    There are simple ways, but:
    the first takes 2 clicks (choosing the menu and then selecting the
    command)
    or choosing the command and then clicking the 'Yep" button.

    So, since both take two clicks, you don't want to hear them.

    }p

    Mitch, Aug 1, 2007
  5. don

    Plato Guest

    don wrote:

    > I want to reformat my harddrive but I have about 200 emails which I would
    > like to save....... whats the best way to do this? I use Outlook Express
    > with WinXP.... Is there a way to email myself all these emails with one
    > click?

    http://www.bootdisk.com/utility.htm
    OE AND EMAIL TOOLS

    --