    Where are these files stored?

    Thanks!
    Rachel.
    Rachel, Jun 27, 2005

  2. Rachel

    old jon Guest

    "Rachel" <> wrote in message
    news:i2Uve.6523$...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have some custom emoticons (gif) that I've taken from other people in a
    > conversation. (MSN Messenger 7)
    > Where are these files stored?
    >
    > Thanks!
    > Rachel.

    Start\Search and input .gif. <gives little smile>. BW..OJ
    old jon, Jun 27, 2005

  3. Rachel

    Rachel Guest

    "old jon" <> wrote in message

    > "Rachel" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I have some custom emoticons (gif) that I've taken from other people in

    > > conversation. (MSN Messenger 7)
    > > Where are these files stored?
    > >
    > > Thanks!
    > > Rachel.
    > >

    > Start\Search and input .gif. <gives little smile>. BW..OJ

    Thanks OJ, however a search of all the .gif files on my system doesn't throw
    up the ones I've taken from other people. :(
    Rachel, Jun 27, 2005
  4. Rachel

    old jon Guest

    "Rachel" <> wrote in message

    > "old jon" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Rachel" <> wrote in message
    >> > Hi,
    >> >
    >> > I have some custom emoticons (gif) that I've taken from other people in

    >> > conversation. (MSN Messenger 7)
    >> > Where are these files stored?
    >> >
    >> > Thanks!
    >> > Rachel.
    >> >

    >> Start\Search and input .gif. <gives little smile>. BW..OJ
    >>

    > Thanks OJ, however a search of all the .gif files on my system doesn't
    > throw
    > up the ones I've taken from other people. :(

    They might be .ico files, but I`m not certain. Search .ico bw..OJ
    old jon, Jun 27, 2005
  5. Rachel

    Rachel Guest

    "old jon" <> wrote in message

    > "Rachel" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "old jon" <> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> "Rachel" <> wrote in message

    in

    > >> Start\Search and input .gif. <gives little smile>. BW..OJ
    > >>

    > > Thanks OJ, however a search of all the .gif files on my system doesn't
    > > throw
    > > up the ones I've taken from other people. :(
    > >

    > They might be .ico files, but I`m not certain. Search .ico bw..OJ

    Didn't work I'm afraid
    Rachel, Jun 27, 2005
  6. Rachel

    unwashed Guest

    "Rachel" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have some custom emoticons (gif) that I've taken from other people in a
    > conversation. (MSN Messenger 7)
    > Where are these files stored?
    >

    > Thanks!
    > Rachel.

    Hi Rachel,
    You've a nice name, but you post a truly daft question!
    Also, as you will note above, I have edited your email addy.
    Having used your default email address in a post to usenet-
    You are now almost certain to be flooded with spam, trojans,
    spyware etc. Also added to flood lists, + your addy to be used as
    return path for floods etc etc etc.
    This is usenet - quite entertaining and can also be exceedingly
    infomative and fun, but unfortunately also very trashy and vicious.
    Be careful with any future posts. - Set up a disposeable web-based
    email account for any potential replies via usenet.
    As for your lost emoticons.............
    In search (assuming XP) you can be date specific, and use the
    "open card".
    If you know the exact date that you downloaded, then narrow
    the search to that specific date, and in search criteria type "*"
    (An asterisk - Without the inverted coma's).
    XP will find anything "modified" on that specific date - including
    your emoticons.
    If/once found, RIGHT click, and from menu select "Send to"
    in sub-menu, select "My doc's" or folder of your choice.
    unwashed, Jun 27, 2005
  7. Rachel

    old jon Guest

    "Rachel" <> wrote in message

    > "old jon" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Rachel" <> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > "old jon" <> wrote in message

    > in

    >> > Thanks OJ, however a search of all the .gif files on my system doesn't
    >> > throw
    >> > up the ones I've taken from other people. :(
    >> >

    >> They might be .ico files, but I`m not certain. Search .ico bw..OJ
    >>

    > Didn't work I'm afraid

    Don`t give up girl. Try .png. It`s called perseverance. <g>
    old jon, Jun 27, 2005
  8. Rachel

    Rachel Guest

    "unwashed" <> wrote in message

    > "Rachel" wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I have some custom emoticons (gif) that I've taken from other people in

    > > conversation. (MSN Messenger 7)
    > > Where are these files stored?
    > >

    > > Thanks!
    > > Rachel.
    > >

    > Hi Rachel,
    > You've a nice name, but you post a truly daft question!
    > Also, as you will note above, I have edited your email addy.
    > Having used your default email address in a post to usenet-
    > You are now almost certain to be flooded with spam, trojans,
    > spyware etc. Also added to flood lists, + your addy to be used as
    > return path for floods etc etc etc.
    > This is usenet - quite entertaining and can also be exceedingly
    > infomative and fun, but unfortunately also very trashy and vicious.
    > Be careful with any future posts. - Set up a disposeable web-based
    > email account for any potential replies via usenet.
    > As for your lost emoticons.............
    > In search (assuming XP) you can be date specific, and use the
    > "open card".
    > If you know the exact date that you downloaded, then narrow
    > the search to that specific date, and in search criteria type "*"
    > (An asterisk - Without the inverted coma's).
    > XP will find anything "modified" on that specific date - including
    > your emoticons.
    > If/once found, RIGHT click, and from menu select "Send to"
    > in sub-menu, select "My doc's" or folder of your choice.

    Thank you for your kind response Unwashed - however the email addy I use is
    actually already munged. Been on Usenet long enough to know that using your
    real addy is a Bad Idea ;-)

    As for the open card, I did try that, however the modified files which the
    search threw up weren't anything to do with MSN (apart from modified logs
    from when I'd been chatting that day). I wonder how the emoticons are
    actually stored...

    Rachel
    Rachel, Jun 28, 2005
  9. Rachel