    one to the new one did not make my bookmarks appear on the new computer, so
    I doubt restoring this file if I lost them would do it either.
    Is the only way to use the Export dialogue each time?
    Karl Engel, Jun 24, 2006

  2. Karl Engel

    blopswed Guest

    Can't give a definitive answer, but just in case anybody was thinking
    of trying this (what follows), DON'T !
    Click <Bookmarks>, <Manage Bookmarks>, <File>, <Export>; select HTML.,
    and <SAVE>
    Click <Bookmarks>, <Manage Bookmarks>, <File>, <Import>; select "from
    file"; select the file you just SAVED.
    In Firefox click <Bookmarks> - hey presto! I now have doubled the
    amount of Bookmarks I had before, and being a dum-ar*e I have to go and
    delete all the duplicates !
    blopswed, Jun 24, 2006

  3. Karl Engel

    Frosty Guest

    On or about Sat, 24 Jun 2006 15:22:54 +1000, an entity identified as
    "Karl Engel" <> proudly proclaimed:

    >When backing up, I'd like to include my Firefox bookmarks. I had assumed
    >this was the "Bookmarks" HTML file in Firefox's Defaults>Profile folder. If
    >it works, it's simpler for me to just include this file in my list to be
    >automatically backedup up rather than do an export each time. As I recall
    >however last time I changed computers, copying this file over from the old
    >one to the new one did not make my bookmarks appear on the new computer, so
    >I doubt restoring this file if I lost them would do it either.
    >Is the only way to use the Export dialogue each time?

    http://del.icio.us/ <--Never worry about losing your bookmarks again!

    SilverMan
    --

    Real debate; No bullshit.(OK, well maybe a little.)

    & http://halebobb.com
    Frosty, Jun 24, 2006