    save as 'inbox' as an "all files" type and I can't open them again. Is
    there some way to save imbedded images as jpgs or gifs so I can put them
    in My Pictures and use them later? TIA!

    Rose, Mar 6, 2006

  2. Rose wrote:
    > Newbie here, so I beg your pardon in advance if this has been asked
    > before. I have several email correspondents who imbed images in their
    > emails instead of as attachments. When I try to save these images,
    > they save as 'inbox' as an "all files" type and I can't open them
    > again. Is there some way to save imbedded images as jpgs or gifs so I
    > can put them in My Pictures and use them later? TIA!

    If you want to save a specific image, right click it (windows)
    that should bring up a save image dialog

    Moz Champion (Dan), Mar 7, 2006

  3. Rose

    Rose Guest

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

    > Rose wrote:
    >
    >> Newbie here, so I beg your pardon in advance if this has been asked
    >> before. I have several email correspondents who imbed images in their
    >> emails instead of as attachments. When I try to save these images,
    >> they save as 'inbox' as an "all files" type and I can't open them
    >> again. Is there some way to save imbedded images as jpgs or gifs so I
    >> can put them in My Pictures and use them later? TIA!

    > If you want to save a specific image, right click it (windows)
    > that should bring up a save image dialog

    Yes, that's what I've been doing, but it has been saving as inbox.html
    instead of as a jpg or gif. I posted this same question on another
    mozilla newsgroup and was told to just rename the image with a jpg or
    gif suffix and it would work properly. I tried it and it did, so thanks
    for your reply and there's the solution for anyone having the same problem.

    Rose, Mar 7, 2006