    save as gif from a gif. I guess some pages have a block or something?
    Anyway it is one way of saving a gif file if it won't work the other
    way. FWIW

    joevan, Feb 5, 2005

  2. joevan

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 18:26:03 GMT, in
    <>
    joevan scrawled:

    >I was on a web page and tried to save a gif file. All that was
    >available was to save it as bmp. I then used the email function and
    >emailed it to myself and it worked fine. Other pages I was able to
    >save as gif from a gif. I guess some pages have a block or something?
    >Anyway it is one way of saving a gif file if it won't work the other
    >way. FWIW

    Your temporary internet files need clearing out, that's all.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Feb 5, 2005

  3. joevan

    joevan Guest

    On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 18:55:01 +0000, °Mike° <>
    wrote:

    >On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 18:26:03 GMT, in
    > <>
    > joevan scrawled:
    >
    >>I was on a web page and tried to save a gif file. All that was
    >>available was to save it as bmp. I then used the email function and
    >>emailed it to myself and it worked fine. Other pages I was able to
    >>save as gif from a gif. I guess some pages have a block or something?
    >>Anyway it is one way of saving a gif file if it won't work the other
    >>way. FWIW

    >Your temporary internet files need clearing out, that's all.

    Not so, they were cleaned out first, and as I said other pages allowed
    for saving gif files, but I found it interesting that I could save
    this particular gif by emailing it to myself.
    I am curious to see if anyone else can save directly from the gif

    http://pcpitstop.ibforums.com/index.php?s=029e845cdf3794fe91a26164b61e0217&showtopic=79011&st=0&

    the gif is just a bit down the page and is of a flying penquin with a
    cape. If you do let me know.

    joevan, Feb 5, 2005
  4. joevan

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 19:03:01 GMT, in
    <>
    joevan scrawled:

    <snip>

    >Not so, they were cleaned out first, and as I said other pages allowed
    >for saving gif files, but I found it interesting that I could save
    >this particular gif by emailing it to myself.
    >I am curious to see if anyone else can save directly from the gif
    >
    >http://pcpitstop.ibforums.com/index.php?s=029e845cdf3794fe91a26164b61e0217&showtopic=79011&st=0&
    >
    >the gif is just a bit down the page and is of a flying penquin with a
    >cape. If you do let me know.

    What browser are you running? I had no problem saving it
    as a .gif file, both IE and Mozilla Firefox.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Feb 5, 2005
  5. joevan

    samuel Guest

    joevan <> wrote in

    > On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 18:55:01 +0000, °Mike°
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 18:26:03 GMT, in
    >> <>
    >> joevan scrawled:
    >>
    >>>I was on a web page and tried to save a gif file. All that
    >>>was available was to save it as bmp. I then used the email
    >>>function and emailed it to myself and it worked fine. Other
    >>>pages I was able to save as gif from a gif. I guess some
    >>>pages have a block or something? Anyway it is one way of
    >>>saving a gif file if it won't work the other way. FWIW

    >>Your temporary internet files need clearing out, that's all.

    > Not so, they were cleaned out first, and as I said other pages
    > allowed for saving gif files, but I found it interesting that
    > I could save this particular gif by emailing it to myself.
    > I am curious to see if anyone else can save directly from the
    > gif
    >
    > http://pcpitstop.ibforums.com/index.php?s=029e845cdf3794fe91a26
    > 164b61e0217&showtopic=79011&st=0&
    >
    > the gif is just a bit down the page and is of a flying penquin
    > with a cape. If you do let me know.

    saves fine as supertux.gif on my hard drive

    samuel, Feb 5, 2005
  6. joevan

    Steve P Guest

    I also only get the option to save as BMP and I have cleared cache/history!
    Using IE6

    Steve P, Feb 5, 2005
  7. joevan

    samuel Guest

    samuel, Feb 5, 2005
  8. joevan

    Bri. Guest

    In news:cu39b2$n9p$,
    Steve P typed...

    > I also only get the option to save as BMP and I have cleared
    > cache/history! Using IE6

    Same here.
    Though I can save all the other pics on that page as ".gif."

    --
    Bri.

    Bri., Feb 5, 2005
  9. joevan

    Steve P Guest

    Steve P, Feb 5, 2005
  10. joevan

    Avenger© Guest

    Avenger©, Feb 5, 2005
  11. joevan

    samuel Guest

    "Steve P" <> wrote in

    > Makes no difference following the instructions below

    tried all these ?
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q="save as" gif bmp&btnG=Goo
    gle+Search

    samuel, Feb 5, 2005
  12. Steve P wrote:

    > I also only get the option to save as BMP and I have cleared cache/history!
    > Using IE6

    Okay here; saved as gif. (Heh. I used to have that image on my own
    home page. <g>) Firefox.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:
    Now killing all posts made with User-Agent G2

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 5, 2005
  13. joevan

    joevan Guest

    On 5 Feb 2005 21:59:21 GMT, Blinky the Shark <>
    wrote:

    >Steve P wrote:
    >
    >> I also only get the option to save as BMP and I have cleared cache/history!
    >> Using IE6

    >Okay here; saved as gif. (Heh. I used to have that image on my own
    >home page. <g>) Firefox.
    >
    >>> http://pcpitstop.ibforums.com/index.php?s=029e845cdf3794fe91a26164b61e0217&showtopic=79011&st=0&

    >>> the gif is just a bit down the page and is of a flying penquin with a
    >>> cape. If you do let me know.

    Yeah it is kind of cute, I posted it to one of my fav. news group with
    the subject ------ looking for Ph--------. He has sort of dropped
    out and hopefully we can find him soon.
    In the meantime it would seem some others have experienced a similar
    problem or rather occurrence. Just wondering what else might be
    causing such silliness.

    joevan, Feb 5, 2005
  14. joevan

    samuel Guest

    joevan <> wrote in

    > Yeah it is kind of cute, I posted it to one of my fav. news
    > group with the subject ------ looking for Ph--------.

    was it a binary group ?

    samuel, Feb 5, 2005
  15. joevan

    joevan Guest

    On 5 Feb 2005 22:35:35 GMT, samuel <> wrote:

    >joevan <> wrote in
    >

    >> Yeah it is kind of cute, I posted it to one of my fav. news
    >> group with the subject ------ looking for Ph--------.

    >was it a binary group ?
    >
    >> He has
    >> sort of dropped out and hopefully we can find him soon.
    >> In the meantime it would seem some others have experienced a
    >> similar problem or rather occurrence. Just wondering what else
    >> might be causing such silliness.

    Of course it is a binary group. Bet yew kant guess wich 1.:eek:)
    To repeat does anybidy have any idea why some people have probs with
    that particular gif? That is all.

    joevan, Feb 5, 2005
  16. joevan wrote:
    > On 5 Feb 2005 21:59:21 GMT, Blinky the Shark <>
    > wrote:

    >>Steve P wrote:

    >>> I also only get the option to save as BMP and I have cleared cache/history!
    >>> Using IE6

    >>Okay here; saved as gif. (Heh. I used to have that image on my own
    >>home page. <g>) Firefox.

    > Yeah it is kind of cute, I posted it to one of my fav. news group with
    > the subject ------ looking for Ph--------. He has sort of dropped
    > out and hopefully we can find him soon.
    > In the meantime it would seem some others have experienced a similar
    > problem or rather occurrence. Just wondering what else might be
    > causing such silliness.

    How about: "Well, you're using IE."

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 5, 2005
  17. joevan

    samuel Guest

    Blinky the Shark <> wrote in

    > joevan wrote:
    >> On 5 Feb 2005 21:59:21 GMT, Blinky the Shark
    >> <> wrote:

    >>>Okay here; saved as gif. (Heh. I used to have that image on
    >>>my own home page. <g>) Firefox.

    >> Yeah it is kind of cute, I posted it to one of my fav. news
    >> group with the subject ------ looking for Ph--------. He
    >> has sort of dropped out and hopefully we can find him soon.
    >> In the meantime it would seem some others have experienced a
    >> similar problem or rather occurrence. Just wondering what
    >> else might be causing such silliness.

    > How about: "Well, you're using IE."

    that'll do it and more

    samuel, Feb 5, 2005