    problem with Windows 98. I set it once and it stayed that way. Thanks
    for any help.
    , Jul 8, 2004

  2. °Mike° Guest

    Close ALL Explorer windows except one. Set up
    a view as you like it. Go to Tools / Folder Options /
    View and press 'Apply to all folders'.

    On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 11:27:25 -0400, in
    <>
    scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jul 8, 2004

  3. Guest

    Thanks. Before I try this, so I'm sure I'm doing the right thing, what
    do you mean by all Explorer Windows? As far as I know, I only have one
    open at a given time. I right click on My Computer on the desktop,
    then chose Explore. Then what I'm calling Windows Explorer (though it
    doesn't seem to say that in Windows XP), opens up. One Window. Is
    there something else I should be looking for? Thanks again.

    >Close ALL Explorer windows except one. Set up
    >a view as you like it. Go to Tools / Folder Options /
    >View and press 'Apply to all folders'.
    >

    >On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 11:27:25 -0400, in
    > <>
    > scrawled:
    >
    >>Please help! I cannot get folder options to save in Windows XP Pro. By
    >>that I mean for example, everytime I open Control Panel, I just get a
    >>list of the items there. I want to see the icons. I change it to
    >>Icons, but the next time I open it, it's back to the list again, and
    >>no icons. Same in Windows Explorer. I click on a folder on the left,
    >>and get just the names of the files on the right. I want Details to
    >>always be shown on the right. I chose Details under View, but the next
    >>time I open Windows Explorer, I'm back to square one. I never had this
    >>problem with Windows 98. I set it once and it stayed that way. Thanks
    >>for any help.

    , Jul 8, 2004
  4. °Mike° Guest

    That's the one.

    On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 18:16:29 -0400, in
    <>
    scrawled:

    >Thanks. Before I try this, so I'm sure I'm doing the right thing, what
    >do you mean by all Explorer Windows? As far as I know, I only have one
    >open at a given time. I right click on My Computer on the desktop,
    >then chose Explore. Then what I'm calling Windows Explorer (though it
    >doesn't seem to say that in Windows XP), opens up. One Window. Is
    >there something else I should be looking for? Thanks again.

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jul 8, 2004
  5. Guest

    Thanks Mike. That seems to have worked. Now, to throw a wrench into
    the works: That's how I want Windows Explorer to work, details shown
    for the contents of each folder. But on my desktop, I have shortcuts
    to some folders of music. When I clcik on them to open them (mp3
    files) I don't need the details, just the list of songs. Is it
    possible to customize these few folders without messing with the
    setting for folders in Windows Explorer? Or does setting details in
    Explorer mean I get details in the shortcut folders too? Thanks again.

    >That's the one.
    >

    >On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 18:16:29 -0400, in
    > <>
    > scrawled:
    >
    >>Thanks. Before I try this, so I'm sure I'm doing the right thing, what
    >>do you mean by all Explorer Windows? As far as I know, I only have one
    >>open at a given time. I right click on My Computer on the desktop,
    >>then chose Explore. Then what I'm calling Windows Explorer (though it
    >>doesn't seem to say that in Windows XP), opens up. One Window. Is
    >>there something else I should be looking for? Thanks again.

    ><snip>
    , Jul 9, 2004
  6. °Mike° Guest

    From Tools / Folder Options / View, make sure
    that 'Remember each folder's view settings' is
    checked.

    On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 22:54:05 -0400, in
    <>
    scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jul 9, 2004
  7. Guest

    Thanks again. I'll do that.
    >From Tools / Folder Options / View, make sure
    >that 'Remember each folder's view settings' is
    >checked.
    >

    >On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 22:54:05 -0400, in
    > <>
    > scrawled:
    >
    >>Thanks Mike. That seems to have worked. Now, to throw a wrench into
    >>the works: That's how I want Windows Explorer to work, details shown
    >>for the contents of each folder. But on my desktop, I have shortcuts
    >>to some folders of music. When I clcik on them to open them (mp3
    >>files) I don't need the details, just the list of songs. Is it
    >>possible to customize these few folders without messing with the
    >>setting for folders in Windows Explorer? Or does setting details in
    >>Explorer mean I get details in the shortcut folders too? Thanks again.
    >>
    >>>That's the one.
    >>>

    >>>On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 18:16:29 -0400, in
    >>> <>
    >>> scrawled: