    what other files should I be searching for and backing up?
    TIA

    Newt

    Newt, Jun 30, 2003

  2. Newt

    rifleman Guest

    In news:AVXLa.18488$,
    Newt <> contemplated the little bit of fluff in his navel
    and typed:
    > Hi,
    > what are pst files?

    A pst file is the one file that Outlook (NOT Outlook Express), part of the
    MS Office suite, keeps all its emails, tasks, contacts, calendar etc in.

    OE uses many files with the extension dbx

    --
    (I may be wrong...I usually am....)
    Google is your Friend

    rifleman, Jun 30, 2003

  3. Newt

    Kath Guest

    Newt wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > How do I save my email setings, messages and addresses from Outlook
    > Express for safe keeping so that I can reinstall them after format?
    > what are pst files?
    > what other files should I be searching for and backing up?
    > TIA
    >
    > Newt

    PST files are NOT OE, they are from Outlook.

    See the following website for all information required.
    http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/backup/index.htm

    The above also includes a link to the following - OEBackup from
    It is fully functional in a plain wrapper and it's FREE Written by a
    MS-MVP in response to questions from people in these newsgroups
    therefore with a
    knowledge of the issues.

    Kath, Jun 30, 2003