    Richard Guest

    How can I save my emails to another hard drive without a third party
    software? "Outlook Express"
    Richard, Apr 21, 2008

  2. Richard

    ded Guest

    "Richard" <> wrote in message
    news:SPROj.4268$...
    > How can I save my emails to another hard drive without a third party
    > software? "Outlook Express"

    In OE to "save" (back up) emails:
    Click>Tools>Options>Maintenance
    Click the StoreFolder button.
    A dialog appears detailing the location of the directory that contains
    your emails.
    Note the exact details of the location, close OE
    Use explorer to navigate to the location, then *copy* the folder across
    to other HDD. The original remains in the same directory but you now
    have a back up copy.

    If you want to back up all settings in OE -
    servers/accounts/address book etc etc
    Read these KB articles
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q270670
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q276511