    Is there a way to save email as a file and to keep the header info?
    Thanks in advance for the help,
    gm
    gm, Mar 29, 2006

  2. gm

    olfart Guest

    "gm" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I'd like to keep my emails as files in one folder with other related
    > documents: images, invoices,etc. When I save it as an eml file in my TB,
    > all the header info gets lost. I'd like to keep it just in case. Is there
    > a way to save email as a file and to keep the header info?
    > Thanks in advance for the help,
    > gm

    File>Save As....then point it to a folder.
    to see headers later..open the email...File>Properties>Details
    olfart, Mar 29, 2006

  3. gm wrote:

    > I'd like to keep my emails as files in one folder with other related
    > documents: images, invoices,etc. When I save it as an eml file in my
    > TB, all the header info gets lost. I'd like to keep it just in case.
    > Is there a way to save email as a file and to keep the header info?

    Is TB Thunderbird?

    While reading the mail, press Control-U
    Click in the window
    Press Control-A
    Press Control-C
    Open a text editor
    Press Control-V
    On the menu, File > Save As... enter a filename of choice.

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 29, 2006
  4. gm

    the loner Guest

    "olfart" <> wrote in message

    > "gm" <> wrote in message
    >> I'd like to keep my emails as files in one folder with other related
    >> documents: images, invoices,etc. When I save it as an eml file in my TB,
    >> all the header info gets lost. I'd like to keep it just in case. Is there
    >> a way to save email as a file and to keep the header info?
    >> Thanks in advance for the help,
    >> gm

    > File>Save As....then point it to a folder.
    > to see headers later..open the email...File>Properties>Details

    I was thinking about doing that too. However, I have hundreds that I want to
    save (don't ask me why), so do I need to file them in a folder one by one,
    or is there a way to do all at once?

    the loner, Mar 29, 2006
  5. gm

    Paul_B Guest

    On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 18:26:32 -0500, gm wrote:

    > I'd like to keep my emails as files in one folder with other related documents: images, invoices,etc. When I save it as an eml file in my TB, all the header info gets lost. I'd like to keep it just in case.
    > Is there a way to save email as a file and to keep the header info?
    > Thanks in advance for the help,

    There's currently a thread on this at the TB support group at
    news.mozilla.org

    p.
    Paul_B, Mar 29, 2006
  6. gm

    dadiOH Guest

    the loner wrote:
    > "olfart" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "gm" <> wrote in message
    >>> I'd like to keep my emails as files in one folder with other related
    >>> documents: images, invoices,etc. When I save it as an eml file in
    >>> my TB, all the header info gets lost. I'd like to keep it just in
    >>> case. Is there a way to save email as a file and to keep the header
    >>> info?
    >>> Thanks in advance for the help,
    >>> gm

    >> File>Save As....then point it to a folder.
    >> to see headers later..open the email...File>Properties>Details

    > I was thinking about doing that too. However, I have hundreds that I
    > want to save (don't ask me why), so do I need to file them in a
    > folder one by one, or is there a way to do all at once?

    1. Select all (Ctrl + A)

    2. Drag them to the folder

    --

    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
    dadiOH, Mar 29, 2006
  7. gm

    gm Guest

    Thank you very much everybody for the help.

    gm
    gm, Mar 29, 2006
  8. gm

    gm Guest

    Paul_B wrote:
    > On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 18:26:32 -0500, gm wrote:
    >
    >> I'd like to keep my emails as files in one folder with other related documents: images, invoices,etc. When I save it as an eml file in my TB, all the header info gets lost. I'd like to keep it just in case.
    >> Is there a way to save email as a file and to keep the header info?
    >> Thanks in advance for the help,

    > There's currently a thread on this at the TB support group at
    > news.mozilla.org

    Paul,
    I downloaded the last 500 posts, but could not find the discussion. Could you post the name of the thread.
    Thank you very much in advance.
    gm
    gm, Mar 29, 2006
  9. gm

    Paul_B Guest

    On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 13:02:39 -0500, gm wrote:

    > Paul_B wrote:
    >> On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 18:26:32 -0500, gm wrote:
    >>
    >>> I'd like to keep my emails as files in one folder with other related documents: images, invoices,etc. When I save it as an eml file in my TB, all the header info gets lost. I'd like to keep it just in case.
    >>> Is there a way to save email as a file and to keep the header info?
    >>> Thanks in advance for the help,

    >> There's currently a thread on this at the TB support group at
    >> news.mozilla.org

    > Paul,
    > I downloaded the last 500 posts, but could not find the discussion. Could you post the name of the thread.
    > Thank you very much in advance.
    > gm

    Try this. I think it's pertinent:

    Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 01:15:22 +0000