    What's the best free utility to do this? I'm looking at DVD Toolbox but
    would DVD Shrink be better as I'd want to compress the files?

    W.E.

    Walter Ego, May 7, 2004

  2. Walter Ego

    Bratboy Guest

    Well shrink would make em for ya and you could also adjust the compression
    to make em what size you want and remove stuff you dont want. I really like
    shrink results

    Bratboy, May 7, 2004

  3. Walter Ego

    BA Guest

    well, I donot think Shrink allows you to selectively remove any part (I
    mean the video). It does allow you to remove the Audio portions though.

    Correct me if this is not true

    BA, May 7, 2004
  4. Walter Ego

    Bratboy Guest

    was mainly refering to any extras and soundtracks you don't want. You can actually reauthor a DVD with no menu and just the movie with one ST even if you so choose.

    Bratboy, May 7, 2004
  5. DVD DECRYPTOR

    the missing link, May 7, 2004
  6. Walter Ego

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    BA wrote:

    > well, I donot think Shrink allows you to selectively remove any part (I
    > mean the video). It does allow you to remove the Audio portions though.
    >
    > Correct me if this is not true

    Consider yourself corrected. DVD Shrink certainly allows you to remove
    parts of the video, as well as any of the soundtracks and subtitles,
    extras and menus.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus

    Oldus Fartus, May 8, 2004
  7. Walter Ego

    Tama Mativa Guest

    copy and paste will do it

    Tama Mativa, May 8, 2004
  8. Walter Ego

    DarkMatter Guest

    On Fri, 7 May 2004 12:11:59 -0400, "Walter Ego"
    <> Gave us:

    >What's the best free utility to do this? I'm looking at DVD Toolbox but
    >would DVD Shrink be better as I'd want to compress the files?
    >
    >W.E.

    LEAVE ALT.VIDEO.DVD OUT of your rip it questions.

    The other groups are fine. THIS GROUP is NOT about ripping fucking
    discs.

    DarkMatter, May 8, 2004
  9. Walter Ego

    Walter Ego Guest

    Oh, this is a flame group then? Okay, F.U. too, buddy! LOL

    Walter Ego, May 8, 2004
  10. Walter Ego

    Nic Guest

    "Tama Mativa" <> wrote in message
    > copy and paste will do it

    No it won't, unless it is on a DVD with no CSS encryption (no commercial
    DVD's).

    Nic, May 8, 2004
  11. Walter Ego

    Brains Guest

    DarkMatter <> wrote in

    > On Fri, 7 May 2004 12:11:59 -0400, "Walter Ego"
    > <> Gave us:
    >
    >>What's the best free utility to do this? I'm looking at DVD Toolbox but
    >>would DVD Shrink be better as I'd want to compress the files?
    >>
    >>W.E.
    >>

    > LEAVE ALT.VIDEO.DVD OUT of your rip it questions.
    >
    > The other groups are fine. THIS GROUP is NOT about ripping fucking
    > discs.

    Wha??

    You know where I can get my hands on some fucking discs?!

    Brains

    (p.s., I prefer the gay variety.) :)

    Brains, May 8, 2004
  12. Walter Ego

    Lordy Guest

    On Sat, 08 May 2004 07:51:45 -0700, DarkMatter wrote:

    > On Fri, 7 May 2004 12:11:59 -0400, "Walter Ego"
    > <> Gave us:
    >
    >>What's the best free utility to do this? I'm looking at DVD Toolbox but
    >>would DVD Shrink be better as I'd want to compress the files?
    >>
    >>W.E.
    >>

    > LEAVE ALT.VIDEO.DVD OUT of your rip it questions.
    >
    > The other groups are fine. THIS GROUP is NOT about ripping fucking
    > discs.

    Then why didnt you set follow ups ?

    Lordy

    Lordy, May 9, 2004
  13. Walter Ego

    Biz Guest

    "Walter Ego" <> wrote in message
    > Oh, this is a flame group then? Okay, F.U. too, buddy! LOL

    While I too find "fullbladder" to be one of the biggest usenet retards
    around, he's right, this isnt the right group for ripping questions

    Biz, May 9, 2004
  14. Walter Ego

    OldTimer Guest

    On Sat, 08 May 2004 10:15:32 +0800, Oldus Fartus
    <> wrote:

    >BA wrote:
    >
    >> well, I donot think Shrink allows you to selectively remove any part (I
    >> mean the video). It does allow you to remove the Audio portions though.
    >>
    >> Correct me if this is not true
    >>

    >Consider yourself corrected. DVD Shrink certainly allows you to remove
    >parts of the video, as well as any of the soundtracks and subtitles,
    >extras and menus.

    While what you say is true, I trust you will agree that you've over
    simplified DVD Shrink's use to some extent. One can indeed remove
    many different parts of a DVD Title Set in DVD Shrink but in doing so,
    if you are using the Reauthor Mode, you will lose the original
    menuing. A better method is to use IfoEdit to determine what Titles
    are actually being used for the movie and then use TitleSet Blanker to
    'blank' the remaining Title Sets which are usually such things as
    interviews, production notes and trailers. You can then check to see
    if DVD Shrink is actually necessary and if so, clip out the extra
    audio tracks and subtitle tracks. You can then use Vobrator to find
    the FBI warnings, etc, and then use IfoEdit and MenuEdit to remove
    these annoying messages and blank out the removed items from autio
    menus and subtitle menus.

    Check out Dr. Mercury's site - www.svcd.cc

    OldTimer

    OldTimer, May 9, 2004
  15. Walter Ego

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    "OldTimer" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 08 May 2004 10:15:32 +0800, Oldus Fartus
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >BA wrote:
    > >
    > >> well, I donot think Shrink allows you to selectively remove any part (I
    > >> mean the video). It does allow you to remove the Audio portions though.
    > >>
    > >> Correct me if this is not true
    > >>

    > >Consider yourself corrected. DVD Shrink certainly allows you to remove
    > >parts of the video, as well as any of the soundtracks and subtitles,
    > >extras and menus.

    > While what you say is true, I trust you will agree that you've over
    > simplified DVD Shrink's use to some extent. One can indeed remove
    > many different parts of a DVD Title Set in DVD Shrink but in doing so,
    > if you are using the Reauthor Mode, you will lose the original
    > menuing. A better method is to use IfoEdit to determine what Titles
    > are actually being used for the movie and then use TitleSet Blanker to
    > 'blank' the remaining Title Sets which are usually such things as
    > interviews, production notes and trailers. You can then check to see
    > if DVD Shrink is actually necessary and if so, clip out the extra
    > audio tracks and subtitle tracks. You can then use Vobrator to find
    > the FBI warnings, etc, and then use IfoEdit and MenuEdit to remove
    > these annoying messages and blank out the removed items from autio
    > menus and subtitle menus.

    Yes, you are perfectly correct, but it all depends on what you are trying to
    achieve. For example when I back my DVDs up, I am not interested in
    keeping the menues or extras - all I want is the movie with one sound track
    and no subtitles. For this type of thing DVD Shrink is perfect.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus

    Oldus Fartus, May 9, 2004
  16. Walter Ego

    WPM Guest

    On Sun, 9 May 2004 12:58:29 +0800, "Oldus Fartus" <> wrote:

    >"OldTimer" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 08 May 2004 10:15:32 +0800, Oldus Fartus
    >> <> wrote:

    >> >Consider yourself corrected. DVD Shrink certainly allows you to remove
    >> >parts of the video, as well as any of the soundtracks and subtitles,
    >> >extras and menus.

    >> While what you say is true, I trust you will agree that you've over
    >> simplified DVD Shrink's use to some extent. One can indeed remove
    >> many different parts of a DVD Title Set in DVD Shrink but in doing so,
    >> if you are using the Reauthor Mode, you will lose the original
    >> menuing. A better method is to use IfoEdit to determine what Titles
    >> are actually being used for the movie and then use TitleSet Blanker to
    >> 'blank' the remaining Title Sets which are usually such things as
    >> interviews, production notes and trailers. You can then check to see
    >> if DVD Shrink is actually necessary and if so, clip out the extra
    >> audio tracks and subtitle tracks. You can then use Vobrator to find
    >> the FBI warnings, etc, and then use IfoEdit and MenuEdit to remove
    >> these annoying messages and blank out the removed items from autio
    >> menus and subtitle menus.
    >>

    >Yes, you are perfectly correct, but it all depends on what you are trying to
    >achieve. For example when I back my DVDs up, I am not interested in
    >keeping the menues or extras - all I want is the movie with one sound track
    >and no subtitles. For this type of thing DVD Shrink is perfect.

    I'm just amazed at how fragile these DVD's are that they need 'backing up'.

    I've had CD's for 20+ years and they look and play like the day I bought them.

    Claire D. Lune

    WPM, May 9, 2004
  17. Walter Ego

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    <> wrote:

    > >"OldTimer" <> wrote in message

    (I

    though.

    remove

    > >> While what you say is true, I trust you will agree that you've over
    > >> simplified DVD Shrink's use to some extent. One can indeed remove
    > >> many different parts of a DVD Title Set in DVD Shrink but in doing so,
    > >> if you are using the Reauthor Mode, you will lose the original
    > >> menuing. A better method is to use IfoEdit to determine what Titles
    > >> are actually being used for the movie and then use TitleSet Blanker to
    > >> 'blank' the remaining Title Sets which are usually such things as
    > >> interviews, production notes and trailers. You can then check to see
    > >> if DVD Shrink is actually necessary and if so, clip out the extra
    > >> audio tracks and subtitle tracks. You can then use Vobrator to find
    > >> the FBI warnings, etc, and then use IfoEdit and MenuEdit to remove
    > >> these annoying messages and blank out the removed items from autio
    > >> menus and subtitle menus.
    > >>

    > >Yes, you are perfectly correct, but it all depends on what you are trying

    > >achieve. For example when I back my DVDs up, I am not interested in
    > >keeping the menues or extras - all I want is the movie with one sound

    track
    > >and no subtitles. For this type of thing DVD Shrink is perfect.

    > I'm just amazed at how fragile these DVD's are that they need 'backing

    up'.

    > I've had CD's for 20+ years and they look and play like the day I bought

    them.

    I really don't care.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus

    Oldus Fartus, May 9, 2004
  18. Walter Ego

    WPM Guest

    On Sun, 9 May 2004 14:00:08 +0800, "Oldus Fartus" <> wrote:

    >"WPM" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 9 May 2004 12:58:29 +0800, "Oldus Fartus"

    ><> wrote:
    >>

    >> >"OldTimer" <> wrote in message

    >(I

    >though.

    >remove

    >> >Yes, you are perfectly correct, but it all depends on what you are trying

    >> >achieve. For example when I back my DVDs up, I am not interested in
    >> >keeping the menues or extras - all I want is the movie with one sound

    >track
    >> >and no subtitles. For this type of thing DVD Shrink is perfect.

    >> I'm just amazed at how fragile these DVD's are that they need 'backing

    >up'.
    >>
    >> I've had CD's for 20+ years and they look and play like the day I bought

    >them.
    >>

    >I really don't care.

    Then why did you answer?

    Claire D. Lune

    WPM, May 9, 2004
  19. Walter Ego

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    WPM wrote:

    >>>I'm just amazed at how fragile these DVD's are that they need 'backing

    >>up'.
    >>
    >>>I've had CD's for 20+ years and they look and play like the day I bought

    >>them.
    >>
    >>I really don't care.

    > Then why did you answer?

    Because I choose to.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus

    Oldus Fartus, May 9, 2004
  20. "Bratboy" <> wrote in message
    > Well shrink would make em for ya and you could also adjust the compression
    > to make em what size you want and remove stuff you dont want. I really

    like
    > shrink results

    I'm looking for a program that will recompress any DVD so that it will fit
    on a single DVD+R disk. Does something like this exist?

    Bootstrap Bill, May 9, 2004