Saving Bookmarks & other settings

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Fat Cat, Jul 12, 2005.

  1. Fat Cat

    Fat Cat Guest

    I recently reinstalled Mozilla 2.0 and Netscape 7.2. When I list my
    favorite bookmarks in Manage Bookmarks and leave the program they are
    no longer listed when I come back to it. Any one know what might be
    causing this? Thanks.
    Fat Cat
     
    Fat Cat, Jul 12, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Fat Cat

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 21:35:01 -0500, in message
     <>, Fat Cat wrote:

    > I recently reinstalled Mozilla 2.0 and Netscape 7.2. When I list my
    > favorite bookmarks in Manage Bookmarks and leave the program they are
    > no longer listed when I come back to it. Any one know what might be
    > causing this? Thanks.



    Look in your profile directory. Is the bookmarks.html file read-only?
     
    Ralph Fox, Jul 12, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Fat Cat

    Moz Champion Guest

    Ralph Fox wrote:
    > On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 21:35:01 -0500, in message
    > <>, Fat Cat wrote:
    >
    >
    >>I recently reinstalled Mozilla 2.0 and Netscape 7.2. When I list my
    >>favorite bookmarks in Manage Bookmarks and leave the program they are
    >>no longer listed when I come back to it. Any one know what might be
    >>causing this? Thanks.

    >
    >
    >
    > Look in your profile directory. Is the bookmarks.html file read-only?
    >
    >


    Mozilla 2.0??
     
    Moz Champion, Jul 12, 2005
    #3
  4. Fat Cat

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Moz Champion wrote:

    > Ralph Fox wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 21:35:01 -0500, in message
    >> <>, Fat Cat wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>> I recently reinstalled Mozilla 2.0 and Netscape 7.2. When I list my
    >>> favorite bookmarks in Manage Bookmarks and leave the program they are
    >>> no longer listed when I come back to it. Any one know what might be
    >>> causing this? Thanks.

    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> Look in your profile directory. Is the bookmarks.html file read-only?
    >>
    >>

    >
    > Mozilla 2.0??


    Yeah, what he said!

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    http://edmullen.net/Mozilla/moz.html
    If knees were backwards, what would chairs look like?
     
    Ed Mullen, Jul 12, 2005
    #4
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Matt O'Toole

    Lost all my settings, bookmarks...

    Matt O'Toole, Nov 25, 2003, in forum: Firefox
    Replies:
    12
    Views:
    909
    pyotr filipivich
    Nov 27, 2003
  2. Michael Sullivan

    Saving passwords and bookmarks

    Michael Sullivan, Jul 10, 2004, in forum: Firefox
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    551
    .BRIAN.
    Jul 10, 2004
  3. Paul Maskell

    Saving Bookmarks

    Paul Maskell, Mar 31, 2006, in forum: Firefox
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    883
    thiebaude
    Apr 30, 2006
  4. Replies:
    1
    Views:
    512
  5. Karl Engel

    Saving & moving bookmarks in Firefox

    Karl Engel, Jun 24, 2006, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    515
    Frosty
    Jun 24, 2006
Loading...

Share This Page