Saving Binary Attachments in Thunderbird 1.5

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by RodneyK, Feb 18, 2006.

  1. RodneyK

    RodneyK Guest

    I'm new to binary downloads. Can you suggest any method to speed up the
    downloads besides getting a new modem?

    I download attached .jpg and .bmp binaries from Usenet groups using a
    dial up modem.

    Thunderbird 1.5 takes minutes to download the message and attachment and
    when I save the attachment <file/attachments/file.jpg/save As> it takes
    further minutes - in all a long time.

    When I go to <tools/options/attachments/download actions/view and edit
    actions> so as to arrange to have .jpg and .bmp files automatically
    saved to my folder it is impossible to add a "download action".
    At least I cannot see how.

    Any suggestions?

    RodneyK
    RodneyK, Feb 18, 2006

  2. RodneyK

    gwtc Guest

    try a download manager: http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/windows4.html
    gwtc, Feb 18, 2006

  3. RodneyK

    RodneyK Guest

    gwtc wrote:
    > RodneyK wrote:
    >> I'm new to binary downloads. Can you suggest any method to speed up
    >> the downloads besides getting a new modem?
    >>
    >> I download attached .jpg and .bmp binaries from Usenet groups using a
    >> dial up modem.
    >>
    >> Thunderbird 1.5 takes minutes to download the message and attachment
    >> and when I save the attachment <file/attachments/file.jpg/save As> it
    >> takes further minutes - in all a long time.
    >>
    >> When I go to <tools/options/attachments/download actions/view and edit
    >> actions> so as to arrange to have .jpg and .bmp files automatically
    >> saved to my folder it is impossible to add a "download action".
    >> At least I cannot see how.
    >>
    >> Any suggestions?
    >>
    >> RodneyK
    >>

    > try a download manager: http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/windows4.html

    Thanks for that. I have Leechget 2005. I did not know that I could use
    Leechget to download Usenet files.

    RodneyK

    Enjoy.
    RodneyK, Feb 18, 2006