Saving .avi files to DVD

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by David, Dec 28, 2004.

  1. David

    David Guest

    I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but... I
    am trying to string a number of .avi files together and save the
    result on a DVD to send friends. I am using XP Home, and started out
    with Windows Movie Maker. First I imported the files, added them to
    the time-line and saved the project as a .wmv file. When I tried to
    export this file the options were the hard drive, e-mail, CD, but no
    way to select a DVD burner.

    I next tried with Nero which came with the DVD burner, it doesn't see
    the .wmv file so that got me nowhere. I could have started all over
    using the Ulead suite and making up a new time-line, but then the file
    will be saved in their own format but the friends do not have Ulead.

    How can I join these clips up and save them to DVD in a readily
    playable format?

    Thanks,

    David

    David, Dec 28, 2004

  2. David

    FAQmeister Guest

    "David" <> wrote in message
    > I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but... I
    > am trying to string a number of .avi files together and save the
    > result on a DVD to send friends. I am using XP Home, and started out
    > with Windows Movie Maker. First I imported the files, added them to
    > the time-line and saved the project as a .wmv file. When I tried to
    > export this file the options were the hard drive, e-mail, CD, but no
    > way to select a DVD burner.
    >
    > I next tried with Nero which came with the DVD burner, it doesn't see
    > the .wmv file so that got me nowhere. I could have started all over
    > using the Ulead suite and making up a new time-line, but then the file
    > will be saved in their own format but the friends do not have Ulead.
    >
    > How can I join these clips up and save them to DVD in a readily
    > playable format?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > David

    You can burn a data DVD in Nero using the wmv files.
    --
    Buford T. Justice
    The alt.video.dvd faq is located at:

    FAQmeister, Dec 29, 2004