    Linux or Windows
    --
    grumpy
    grumpyoldhori, Jun 27, 2008

  2. grumpyoldhori

    Guest

    On Jun 27, 9:59 pm, grumpyoldhori <> wrote:
    > Gentlemen, some of my rellies are in the UK and would like to
    > seeing this documentary about Corporal Apiata VC.
    > I was going to post over some dvds, but I find that video
    > downloader in Firefox will not save it from the site.
    > Could I have some advice on how to save the programme to harddrive
    > and uploading it to google video.
    > Linux or Windows
    > --
    > grumpy

    Hi...
    simple solution is once you'v watched it yourself on Pc -
    go to temp internet files - however you do that in Firefox - and
    you'll find the vid in there someplace, copy it to a folder to save it
    in - and your done! then you do whatever you do to get it on a dvd to
    mail over.(several prog's for that, and you'v no doubt got one to use)
    , Jun 28, 2008

  3. grumpyoldhori

    Diogenes Guest

    On Jun 28, 9:44 pm, wrote:
    > On Jun 27, 9:59 pm, grumpyoldhori <> wrote:
    >
    > > Gentlemen, some of my rellies are in the UK and would like to
    > > seeing this documentary about Corporal Apiata VC.
    > > I was going to post over some dvds, but I find that video
    > > downloader in Firefox will not save it from the site.
    > > Could I have some advice on how to save the programme to harddrive
    > > and uploading it to google video.
    > > Linux or Windows
    > > --
    > > grumpy

    > Hi...
    > simple solution is once you'v watched it yourself on Pc -
    > go to temp internet files - however you do that in Firefox - and
    > you'll find the vid in there someplace, copy it to a folder to save it
    > in - and your done!  then you do whatever you do to get it on a dvd to
    > mail over.(several prog's for that, and you'v no doubt got one to use)

    If it's still in your cache then use the Add-On Cacheviewer to find it
    & copy it elsewhere, say to your desktop. Then use convertxtodvd or
    somesuch to create & burn the dvd.
    If it isn't, then the Add-On DownloaderHelper really ought to be able
    to help you. It'll even convert the file to avi.

    Good luck & cheers!
    Diogenes, Jun 28, 2008
  4. grumpyoldhori

    Diogenes Guest

    On Jun 27, 9:59 pm, grumpyoldhori <> wrote:
    > Gentlemen, some of my rellies are in the UK and would like to
    > seeing this documentary about Corporal Apiata VC.
    > I was going to post over some dvds, but I find that video
    > downloader in Firefox will not save it from the site.
    > Could I have some advice on how to save the programme to harddrive
    > and uploading it to google video.
    > Linux or Windows
    > --
    > grump

    Is that TVNZ's Reluctant Hero?
    It's @ http://download.tvnzondemand.co.nz/download/store1/flash/2008/nca/anzac_250408_reluctant_part1.flv
    Just change the part1 to 2 etc (thru' to 8)
    Looks like a biggie!
    Diogenes, Jun 29, 2008
  5. grumpyoldhori

    Warwick Guest

    On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 21:59:02 +1200, grumpyoldhori wrote:

    > Gentlemen, some of my rellies are in the UK and would like to
    > seeing this documentary about Corporal Apiata VC.
    > I was going to post over some dvds, but I find that video
    > downloader in Firefox will not save it from the site.
    > Could I have some advice on how to save the programme to harddrive
    > and uploading it to google video.
    > Linux or Windows

    I've had this problem.

    Firefox main menu tools/page info, pick media from the tabbed notebook that
    appears, scroll thru the files till you find the flv or swf and click save
    as. This method does not seem to work when the file is embedded FF will not
    cache it.

    HOwever if you open it in IE and give it time to cache you will get it.
    main menu, click Internet Tools on the 'General' tab of the notebook look
    for 'browsing history' click the settings button, then click the 'view
    files button on the pop up window. Temporary internet files folder opens
    and you can drag and drop the item.

    I got totally fucked off with it and got a tool called Orbit that just rips
    them wholesale from various pages.

    I'm no expert Grumpy but that's how it has worked for me.

    --
    cheers
    Warwick, Jun 30, 2008