    it to a tif, then send it to her. How the heck do I do that ? Thanks
    in advance!

    Tom Tricep

    Tom Tricep, Dec 8, 2005

  2. Tom Tricep

    Trax Guest

    Tom Tricep <> wrote:

    |>I have a PC with a jpeg on it. My graphic artist wants me to convert
    |>it to a tif, then send it to her. How the heck do I do that ?

    Download, run, and load your jpg into IrFanview
    http://www.irfanview.com/ save as TIF.

    --
    Send your name to the asteroid belt on the Dawn spacecraft.
    http://tinyurl.com/84p88

    Trax, Dec 8, 2005

  3. Tom Tricep

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    Tom Tricep spewed forth:
    > I have a PC with a jpeg on it. My graphic artist wants me to convert
    > it to a tif, then send it to her. How the heck do I do that ? Thanks
    > in advance!
    >
    > Tom Tricep

    Download Irfanview and use the conversion utility in that. It's the best
    free program I've used for this kind of work:

    http://www.irfanview.com/

    --
    We put the "K" in "Kwality"!

    Toolman Tim, Dec 8, 2005
  4. Tom Tricep

    Mike Guest

    Tom Tricep wrote:

    > I have a PC with a jpeg on it. My graphic artist wants me to convert
    > it to a tif, then send it to her. How the heck do I do that ? Thanks
    > in advance!
    >
    > Tom Tricep

    Tell her to do it herself.

    Mike, Dec 8, 2005
  5. Tom Tricep

    DC Guest

    Tom Tricep wrote:
    > I have a PC with a jpeg on it. My graphic artist wants me to convert
    > it to a tif, then send it to her. How the heck do I do that ? Thanks
    > in advance!

    Since your original graphic has already been saved as a jpg (lossy
    format), converting it to a tif won't do her any good. What she really
    needs (I believe) is an original, hi-res, uncompressed file.

    Either you misunderstood her requirements/she didn't make tham clear OR
    she's incompetent and you should take your business elsewhere.

    --
    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

    Viruses, Instability, Spyware, Trojans, Adware -- Pre-order today!
    -= http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/default.mspx =-

    DC, Dec 8, 2005
  6. Tom Tricep

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    DC spewed forth:
    > Tom Tricep wrote:
    >> I have a PC with a jpeg on it. My graphic artist wants me to convert
    >> it to a tif, then send it to her. How the heck do I do that ? Thanks
    >> in advance!

    > Since your original graphic has already been saved as a jpg (lossy
    > format), converting it to a tif won't do her any good. What she
    > really needs (I believe) is an original, hi-res, uncompressed file.
    >
    > Either you misunderstood her requirements/she didn't make tham clear
    > OR she's incompetent and you should take your business elsewhere.

    Good point <g.

    --
    We put the "K" in "Kwality"!

    Toolman Tim, Dec 8, 2005
  7. Tom Tricep

    Rich Wilson Guest

    "Tom Tricep" <> wrote in message
    >I have a PC with a jpeg on it. My graphic artist wants me to convert
    > it to a tif, then send it to her. How the heck do I do that ? Thanks
    > in advance!

    That's very worrying... has she said *why* she wants you to do that?

    Rich Wilson, Dec 8, 2005
  8. Rich Wilson wrote:

    > "Tom Tricep" <> wrote in message
    >>I have a PC with a jpeg on it. My graphic artist wants me to
    >>convert
    >> it to a tif, then send it to her. How the heck do I do that ?
    >> Thanks in advance!

    > That's very worrying... has she said *why* she wants you to do
    > that?

    I think DC is moosefully right -- she wants an uncompressed copy,
    which she won't get by tiffing an already compresed jpg, but
    wasn't able to make that clear (or OP wasn't able to understand
    her correctly).

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all Google Groups posts.

    Blinky the Shark, Dec 8, 2005
  9. Tom Tricep

    Rock Star Guest

    Tom Tricep <> wrote in

    > I have a PC with a jpeg on it. My graphic artist wants me to convert
    > it to a tif, then send it to her. How the heck do I do that ? Thanks
    > in advance!
    >
    > Tom Tricep

    Just open it up in IrfanView, (it's free) and then "save as" a tif in the
    drop-down menu. It will keep your JPEG intact and save you a copy in TIF.

    HTH.
    --
    Eating food with preservatives
    makes you live longer!

    Rock Star, Dec 8, 2005
  10. Tom Tricep

    Fuzzy Logic Guest

    Tom Tricep <> wrote in

    > I have a PC with a jpeg on it. My graphic artist wants me to convert
    > it to a tif, then send it to her. How the heck do I do that ? Thanks
    > in advance!
    >
    > Tom Tricep

    Not much of a graphic artist if she can't do this herself.

    Fuzzy Logic, Dec 8, 2005
  11. Tom Tricep

    joevan Guest

    On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 19:18:05 GMT, Fuzzy Logic
    <> wrote:

    >Tom Tricep <> wrote in
    >
    >> I have a PC with a jpeg on it. My graphic artist wants me to convert
    >> it to a tif, then send it to her. How the heck do I do that ? Thanks
    >> in advance!
    >>
    >> Tom Tricep

    >Not much of a graphic artist if she can't do this herself.

    Not much of a graphic artist to ask for such IMHO. Now if it were a
    NEF or RAW (nice to know that irfanview plugins do it all} file that
    needed to be converted that would be a different matter. And only if
    they were giving a test or something. Maybe they are in grade school.
    and for the same reason."

    joevan, Dec 8, 2005
  12. Re: ~I NEED A GIRLFRIEND~

    Unayesema Yamempata, Dec 8, 2005