    form Evolution, but I can't afford for this to happen.

    Thanks in advance,
    Gregg

    Gregg, Mar 5, 2006

  2. Gregg wrote:
    > I have Thunderbird 1.5 which I am using with Ubuntu. I just went to look
    > for a saved email today and nothing was there. I then looked in my sent
    > items folder and it was blank also. I am lost as to what may have
    > occurred. The only think that I have done recently is install the KDE
    > desktop mainly to take a look at it to see if it would be more suitable
    > than Gnome for my daughter. I jostled around in my folders to see if I
    > could find the missing mail, but haven't yet. Are there any "common
    > issues" I might look at first. Thought I would move to Thunderbird totally
    > form Evolution, but I can't afford for this to happen.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Gregg

    When that happened to me it was malware. Ad-Aware (free version) found
    it and blitzed it. Perhaps other software can, too, like SpyBot. Only
    Ad-Aware was what was recommended so I used it. I had been unaware of
    "malware" as different from a virus.

    Gualtier Malde, Mar 5, 2006

  3. Gregg

    Z Guest

    Gregg wrote:
    > I have Thunderbird 1.5 which I am using with Ubuntu. I just went to look
    > for a saved email today and nothing was there. I then looked in my sent
    > items folder and it was blank also. I am lost as to what may have
    > occurred. The only think that I have done recently is install the KDE

    Click on the Sent folder, then View Messages and View Threads.

    Are they both set to "All"?

    Z, Mar 5, 2006
  4. Gregg

    Gregg Guest

    On Sun, 05 Mar 2006 14:16:40 -0800, Gualtier Malde wrote:

    > Gregg wrote:
    >> I have Thunderbird 1.5 which I am using with Ubuntu. I just went to look
    >> for a saved email today and nothing was there. I then looked in my sent
    >> items folder and it was blank also. I am lost as to what may have
    >> occurred. The only think that I have done recently is install the KDE
    >> desktop mainly to take a look at it to see if it would be more suitable
    >> than Gnome for my daughter. I jostled around in my folders to see if I
    >> could find the missing mail, but haven't yet. Are there any "common
    >> issues" I might look at first. Thought I would move to Thunderbird totally
    >> form Evolution, but I can't afford for this to happen.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance,
    >> Gregg

    > When that happened to me it was malware. Ad-Aware (free version) found
    > it and blitzed it. Perhaps other software can, too, like SpyBot. Only
    > Ad-Aware was what was recommended so I used it. I had been unaware of
    > "malware" as different from a virus.

    Thanks, but it is unlikely to be malware since I am running a Linux
    distribution.

    Gregg

    Gregg, Mar 5, 2006
  5. Gregg

    Gregg Guest

    On Sun, 05 Mar 2006 15:17:07 -0800, Z wrote:

    > Gregg wrote:
    >> I have Thunderbird 1.5 which I am using with Ubuntu. I just went to look
    >> for a saved email today and nothing was there. I then looked in my sent
    >> items folder and it was blank also. I am lost as to what may have
    >> occurred. The only think that I have done recently is install the KDE

    > Click on the Sent folder, then View Messages and View Threads.
    >
    > Are they both set to "All"?

    Yes, they are set to all. I had some hope when I read your message as I
    remembered once in Opera that I thought I had a real problem and that was
    the problem. I'll keep trying.

    Gregg

    Gregg, Mar 5, 2006
  6. Gregg

    gwtc Guest

    Gregg wrote:

    > I have Thunderbird 1.5 which I am using with Ubuntu. I just went to look
    > for a saved email today and nothing was there. I then looked in my sent
    > items folder and it was blank also. I am lost as to what may have
    > occurred. The only think that I have done recently is install the KDE
    > desktop mainly to take a look at it to see if it would be more suitable
    > than Gnome for my daughter. I jostled around in my folders to see if I
    > could find the missing mail, but haven't yet. Are there any "common
    > issues" I might look at first. Thought I would move to Thunderbird totally
    > form Evolution, but I can't afford for this to happen.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Gregg

    I don't know how in Linux, but look into opening the profile manager
    and see if you have more than one listed. However you start TB, add
    the following to it, for example:

    firefox.exe -P

    this will start TB with the profile manager. How many profiles do you
    see listed? If you see more than one, click on them until you find
    the one you want. Once you find it, remove the others.

    gwtc, Mar 6, 2006
  7. Gregg

    Gregg Guest

    On Sun, 05 Mar 2006 16:49:43 -0800, gwtc wrote:

    > Gregg wrote:
    >
    >> I have Thunderbird 1.5 which I am using with Ubuntu. I just went to look
    >> for a saved email today and nothing was there. I then looked in my sent
    >> items folder and it was blank also. I am lost as to what may have
    >> occurred. The only think that I have done recently is install the KDE
    >> desktop mainly to take a look at it to see if it would be more suitable
    >> than Gnome for my daughter. I jostled around in my folders to see if I
    >> could find the missing mail, but haven't yet. Are there any "common
    >> issues" I might look at first. Thought I would move to Thunderbird totally
    >> form Evolution, but I can't afford for this to happen.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance,
    >> Gregg

    > I don't know how in Linux, but look into opening the profile manager
    > and see if you have more than one listed. However you start TB, add
    > the following to it, for example:
    >
    > firefox.exe -P
    >
    > this will start TB with the profile manager. How many profiles do you
    > see listed? If you see more than one, click on them until you find
    > the one you want. Once you find it, remove the others.

    Thanks opened the profile and just have a default profile only. Also,
    could not have been that as I still have all the folders and settings.
    These have not changed. The created save folders are just empty. I'll keep
    trying.

    Gregg, Mar 6, 2006