    -- Nietzsche (1844-1900)
    "Nietzsche is dead"
    -- God
    johnn, Feb 5, 2010

  2. johnn

    Tim Meddick Guest

    I believe the "zoom" feature you spoke of, is a function of Firefox, and *not* part
    of the Windows OS.

    Windows, by default, includes a very crude "Magnifier" utility, that starts as a
    re-sizeable box that shows a magnified area around where you point your cursor (to
    start it, type : "magnify.exe" into the "Run" box).

    This does not sound anything like your "zoom"...

    Otherwise, Internet Explorer has only a choice of "text sizes" to play with,
    configured by going to the top menus and choosing : View > Text Size ...and
    choosing from the five available possibilities.

    ==

    Cheers, Tim Meddick, Peckham, London. :)

    Tim Meddick, Feb 5, 2010

  3. johnn

    John Doe Guest

    Not that it matters to the original poster now, but...

    Enter this in your browser address bar.

    about:config

    Then make sure this setting is True.

    browser.zoom.siteSpecific

    Also, if you don't want pop-up windows to change the zoom of the
    main window, like when you are looking at a picture that you want
    magnified more than usual, make sure this setting is False.

    browser.zoom.updateBackgroundTabs

    John Doe, Mar 15, 2012