    saving it in the position you left it rather than haveing to scroll to

    IS that possible ???

    Thanks,.
    Home Theatre Guy, Aug 9, 2006

  2. Home Theatre Guy

    gwtc Guest

    Home Theatre Guy wrote:

    > Like you scroll down a page and then go back and then back to it the
    > saving it in the position you left it rather than haveing to scroll to
    >
    > IS that possible ???
    >
    > Thanks,.

    What are you doing here? I thought you were switching back to ie, you
    even said bye to us!

    --
    EVERYTHING HAS A GENDER

    You may not know this but many nonliving things have a gender...

    Ziploc Bags are Male, because they hold everything in, but you can see
    right through them.
    gwtc, Aug 9, 2006

  3. Home Theatre Guy

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Home Theatre Guy wrote:

    > Like you scroll down a page and then go back and then back to it the
    > saving it in the position you left it rather than haveing to scroll to
    >
    > IS that possible ???
    >
    > Thanks,.

    Let me see if I can puzzle out what you're doing since your post is a
    tad incomprehensible.

    1. go to a page
    2. scroll down the page (you are just scrolling, right? not clicking
    an internal link I hope)
    4. "then back to it ..." - huh? you already went "back"! now where
    the heck are you?
    5. "saving it in the position ..." - huh? saving it how? as a
    bookmark? as a file?)

    (note to self: recharge crystal ball batteries)

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Aug 9, 2006
  4. Home Theatre Guy

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 01:50:52 +1000, in message <>,
    Home Theatre Guy <Home Theatre Guy> wrote:

    > Subject: Save page position when going bavk to it ???
    >
    > Like you scroll down a page and then go back and then back to it the
    > saving it in the position you left it rather than haveing to scroll to
    >
    > IS that possible ???
    >
    > Thanks,.

    I cannot tell which program you are thinking of,
    but let us take this for a test drive in Firefox.

    1. I go to http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Gorge/7216/links.html
    2. I scroll down the page to the section titled "Transport to Tracks"
    3. I click on the link "Nelson Lakes Shuttles"
    This takes me to http://www.nelsonlakesshuttles.co.nz/
    4. I click the back button
    This takes me back to the page I was on, and at the
    same position where I left it. I do not have to scroll down
    again to find the position I left.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph
    Ralph Fox, Aug 11, 2006
  5. How can you take that Statement suriously :)

    Got an answer for the question thought ?

    Home Theatre Guy, Aug 11, 2006
  6. The position of the scrllbar of the last page i'am talking about.
    Everytime if you go back to the page you just been to it gos back the
    top.

    Just wondering if their is anyway to rember the scroll bar position so
    it gos back to the azact place on the page you were.

    IS that more understandable ;)

    Thanks.

    Home Theatre Guy, Aug 11, 2006
  7. Home Theatre Guy

    gwtc Guest

    Home Theatre Guy wrote:

    > The position of the scrllbar of the last page i'am talking about.
    > Everytime if you go back to the page you just been to it gos back the
    > top.
    >
    > Just wondering if their is anyway to rember the scroll bar position so
    > it gos back to the azact place on the page you were.
    >
    > IS that more understandable ;)
    >
    > Thanks.
    >

    > On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 08:51:01 +0000, Ralph Fox <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 01:50:52 +1000, in message <>,
    >> Home Theatre Guy <Home Theatre Guy> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Subject: Save page position when going bavk to it ???
    >>>
    >>> Like you scroll down a page and then go back and then back to it the
    >>> saving it in the position you left it rather than haveing to scroll to
    >>>
    >>> IS that possible ???
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,.

    >> I cannot tell which program you are thinking of,
    >> but let us take this for a test drive in Firefox.
    >>
    >> 1. I go to http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Gorge/7216/links.html
    >> 2. I scroll down the page to the section titled "Transport to Tracks"
    >> 3. I click on the link "Nelson Lakes Shuttles"
    >> This takes me to http://www.nelsonlakesshuttles.co.nz/
    >> 4. I click the back button
    >> This takes me back to the page I was on, and at the
    >> same position where I left it. I do not have to scroll down
    >> again to find the position I left.

    its a known problem

    --
    EVERYTHING HAS A GENDER

    You may not know this but many nonliving things have a gender...

    A Tire is Male, because it goes bald and it's often over-inflated.
    gwtc, Aug 11, 2006
  8. So it was once that way iwant it and it broke.

    Home Theatre Guy, Aug 11, 2006
  9. Home Theatre Guy

    Doug G Guest

    Home Theatre Guy wrote:

    > On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 08:51:01 +0000, Ralph Fox <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 01:50:52 +1000, in message <>,
    >>Home Theatre Guy <Home Theatre Guy> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Subject: Save page position when going bavk to it ???
    >>>
    >>> Like you scroll down a page and then go back and then back to it the
    >>> saving it in the position you left it rather than haveing to scroll to
    >>>
    >>> IS that possible ???
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,.

    >>I cannot tell which program you are thinking of,
    >>but let us take this for a test drive in Firefox.
    >>
    >>1. I go to http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Gorge/7216/links.html
    >>2. I scroll down the page to the section titled "Transport to Tracks"
    >>3. I click on the link "Nelson Lakes Shuttles"
    >> This takes me to http://www.nelsonlakesshuttles.co.nz/
    >>4. I click the back button
    >> This takes me back to the page I was on, and at the
    >> same position where I left it. I do not have to scroll down
    >> again to find the position I left.

    > The position of the scrllbar of the last page i'am talking about.
    > Everytime if you go back to the page you just been to it gos back the
    > top.
    >
    > Just wondering if their is anyway to rember the scroll bar position so
    > it gos back to the azact place on the page you were.
    >
    > IS that more understandable ;)
    >
    > Thanks.

    Firefox remembers the page position at most sites I return to, but not
    at some sites.

    Does it do that at every site you return to?
    Doug G, Aug 11, 2006
  10. Home Theatre Guy

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 00:37:48 +1000, in message <>,
    Home Theatre Guy <Home Theatre Guy> wrote:

    > On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 08:51:01 +0000, Ralph Fox <> wrote:
    >
    > >I cannot tell which program you are thinking of,
    > >but let us take this for a test drive in Firefox.
    > >
    > >1. I go to http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Gorge/7216/links.html
    > >2. I scroll down the page to the section titled "Transport to Tracks"
    > >3. I click on the link "Nelson Lakes Shuttles"
    > > This takes me to http://www.nelsonlakesshuttles.co.nz/
    > >4. I click the back button
    > > This takes me back to the page I was on, and at the
    > > same position where I left it. I do not have to scroll down
    > > again to find the position I left.

    > The position of the scrllbar of the last page i'am talking about.

    In the test drive above, the last page is
    http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Gorge/7216/links.html
    is it not?

    And you mean the position of the scrollbar on the page
    http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Gorge/7216/links.html
    do you not?

    > Everytime if you go back to the page you just been to it gos back the
    > top.

    Every time I go back to the page
    http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Gorge/7216/links.html
    which I have just been on, the scrollbar does _NOT_ go back to the top.

    Go test it.

    > Just wondering if their is anyway to rember the scroll bar position so
    > it gos back to the azact place on the page you were.

    It does go back to the exact place on the
    page http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Gorge/7216/links.html
    where I was.

    > IS that more understandable ;)

    Either you have not taken the above test case for a test drive,
    or you have not explained yourself clearly.

    So answer these two questions
    1. In my test case above, which page do you think is the last page?
    2. Have you actually tried this test case?

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    "Curiosity skilled the cat."
    Ralph Fox, Aug 12, 2006
  11. Home Theatre Guy

    Alan Moorman Guest

    On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 12:24:36 -0500, Doug G <>
    wrote:

    >Home Theatre Guy wrote:
    >>
    >> On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 08:51:01 +0000, Ralph Fox <> wrote:

    >>>I cannot tell which program you are thinking of,
    >>>but let us take this for a test drive in Firefox.
    >>>
    >>>1. I go to http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Gorge/7216/links.html
    >>>2. I scroll down the page to the section titled "Transport to Tracks"
    >>>3. I click on the link "Nelson Lakes Shuttles"
    >>> This takes me to http://www.nelsonlakesshuttles.co.nz/
    >>>4. I click the back button
    >>> This takes me back to the page I was on, and at the
    >>> same position where I left it. I do not have to scroll down
    >>> again to find the position I left.

    > > The position of the scrllbar of the last page i'am talking about.
    > > Everytime if you go back to the page you just been to it gos back the
    > > top.
    > >
    > > Just wondering if their is anyway to rember the scroll bar position so
    > > it gos back to the azact place on the page you were.
    > >
    > > IS that more understandable ;)
    > >
    > > Thanks.
    > >

    >Firefox remembers the page position at most sites I return to, but not
    >at some sites.
    >
    >Does it do that at every site you return to?

    This happens to me. The page you return to will start at the top,
    but in a couple of seconds, after it has reloaded, it pops down to
    where you were when you left the page.

    Apparently this is site-dependant -- many sites work just fine in
    this manner, and some don't. When I've asked a given site about
    this, they always say this works OK with Internet Explorer, and ask
    what browser I'm using.

    When I tell them Firefox is the one, some of them reply saying
    they'll look into it.

    Alan Moorman

    The only reason some people get lost in thought
    is because it's unfamiliar territory.

    Paul Fix

    =================================
    Alan Moorman, Aug 12, 2006
  12. Never gos back to whereit was no matter hat website i vist:(

    Home Theatre Guy, Aug 12, 2006
  13. Home Theatre Guy

    Orbis Guest

    > Never gos back to whereit was no matter hat website i vist:(

    Good!

    This is one of those things that might be applicable for you,
    on a specific page, but for everyone else (and for every other
    site you're on), it would be a total pain in the ass.

    You'd be visiting your bookmarked sites and forever saying
    "****, why is it going halfway down the page for??".
    Orbis, Aug 12, 2006
  14. I would say great. Now i can continue whereei left off :p

    Home Theatre Guy, Aug 12, 2006
  15. Home Theatre Guy

    Orbis Guest

    > I would say great. Now i can continue whereei left off :p

    Out of interest, what site are you talking about in
    particular? If it's got about 50 screens plus worth of
    information on it then the designer should have split it up
    into smaller chunks anyway ....
    Orbis, Aug 13, 2006
  16. Home Theatre Guy

    GioV Guest

    I have the exact same problem but what I do is if im in the middle of a
    page and I want stay there I click the link with my middle button and
    that opens a new tab, instead of opening in the same tab and when im
    done reading the new tab I just close it and im back to the last tab on
    focus.

    Just get urself tab mix plus and have this option enabled in tab mix plus

    events> tab closing>when closing current tab , focus > last selected,

    If u dont have a middle button then simply create a mouse gesture with
    tab mix plus that opens a new tab when example u press ctrl>left click.

    Not a fix but a way around this annoying problem, hope that helgs

    GioV, Aug 26, 2006