    ThankYou very much

    Best Regards
    Nadir
    ns, Sep 17, 2004

  2. ns

    mh Guest

    mh, Sep 17, 2004

  3. ns

    ns Guest

    ns, Sep 17, 2004
  4. "ns" <> wrote in news::

    > Hi all,
    >
    > i manually export each week, the running-configuration to TFTP Server
    > with "copy run tftp...".
    >
    > I would like to know how can i save running-configuration of routers
    > or catalysts by using SNMP ?
    >
    > any OID snmp ?

    Have a look at
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk362/technologies_tech_note09186a008
    009463e.shtml

    - Cheers

    Lars Christense, CCNA
    Lars Christensen, Sep 17, 2004
  5. ns

    AnyBody43 Guest

    "ns" <> wrote
    > i manually export each week, the running-configuration to TFTP Server with
    > "copy run tftp...".
    >
    > I would like to know how can i save running-configuration of routers or
    > catalysts by using SNMP ?

    I have a few notes:- (NOT my original material, much better)

    "Until recently I have been using the SNMP OID cisco.2.1.53.<ip> to
    push
    configs into my routers. We have upgraded our IOS to 12.0(4)T and
    from
    that point the SNMP config push doesn't work. A quick look at the
    Cisco
    MIBs revealed two things:

    1. Cisco obsoleted the above object way back in 10.x but still kept
    supporting it (until now - 12.x).
    2. Starting 11.2 a new MIB called CISCO-CONFIG-COPY-MIB appeared,
    which
    supposedly provides new support for SNMP triggered tftp/ftp/rcp
    transfers of configs/images to/from ciscos."

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk362/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094aa6.shtml
    How To Copy Configurations To and From Cisco Devices Using SNMP

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk362/technologies_tech_note09186a008009463e.shtml
    Old MIB methods.
    Moving Files and Images Between a Router and TFTP Server via SNMP

    I have had a bit of a go at this a while back and have failed to
    get it to work on (I think) a 2950 switch.
    AnyBody43, Sep 17, 2004
  6. ns

    ns Guest

    Hi all,

    Thank You very much for your help !!

    I will try new and old method.

    Best Regards
    @NS
    ns, Sep 20, 2004
  7. Hi,

    AnyBody43 wrote:
    [...]
    > 1. Cisco obsoleted the above object way back in 10.x but still kept
    > supporting it (until now - 12.x).
    > 2. Starting 11.2 a new MIB called CISCO-CONFIG-COPY-MIB appeared,
    > which
    > supposedly provides new support for SNMP triggered tftp/ftp/rcp
    > transfers of configs/images to/from ciscos."
    >

    > http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk362/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094aa6.shtml
    > How To Copy Configurations To and From Cisco Devices Using SNMP
    >
    > http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk362/technologies_tech_note09186a008009463e.shtml
    > Old MIB methods.
    > Moving Files and Images Between a Router and TFTP Server via SNMP

    has anybody managed to copy via snmp a configuration file, not a
    software image, from a TFTP server to the _flash_ of a cisco device
    running CatOS? There is no problem to copy it directly into the
    running-config, but I failed to copy the file to the flash...

    cheers,
    Daniel
    Daniel Heinze, Oct 4, 2004