    Any ideas?

    Thank you in advance

    Dawn
    Dawn, Nov 10, 2004

  2. Dawn

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Dawn vaguely muttered something like ...
    > Is there any way that Word 2003 can be 'persuaded' to save a file as
    > WordPerfect 5.1 for DOS? I have just upgraded and I find that I can no
    > longer do this - but I need to!

    Have you tried Tools - Options - Compatibility and selecting WP5.x

    --
    Paul ...
    (8(|) Homer Rules !!!
    Paul - xxx, Nov 10, 2004

  3. Dawn

    Dawn Guest

    "Paul - xxx" wrote
    > Have you tried Tools - Options - Compatibility and selecting WP5.x

    Hi Paul, how's tricks?

    Thanks for your input but the action that you suggested doesn't do what I
    want it to do. I have to be able to convert to WordPerfect 5.1 for DOS,
    because that's the format that she who pays the wages needs.

    A couple of sites suggest that I install a converter, which would seem to be
    what I need. The trouble is, the site authors also include dire warnings
    about replacing shiny new software with nasty buggy old stuff.

    Does anyone have any experience of using these converters? Any thoughts at
    all?

    Dawn
    Dawn, Nov 10, 2004
  4. Dawn

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Dawn vaguely muttered something like ...
    > "Paul - xxx" wrote
    >> Have you tried Tools - Options - Compatibility and selecting WP5.x

    > Hi Paul, how's tricks?
    >
    > Thanks for your input but the action that you suggested doesn't do what I
    > want it to do. I have to be able to convert to WordPerfect 5.1 for DOS,
    > because that's the format that she who pays the wages needs.

    I've never used the converters, so won't comment.

    Have you, or the office got a copy of WP 5.1 ? If so install that ... then
    it's as easy as a cut 'n paste job .. ;)

    --
    Paul ...
    (8(|) Homer Rules !!!
    Paul - xxx, Nov 10, 2004
  5. Did you do a full install when you installed Word 2003? Mine says it has to
    save as WordPerfect 5.1 for DOS as an option.

    Travis

    Travis Lonergan, Nov 11, 2004