    Please, any thoughts or idea's would be taken into consideration and if you
    can, elaborate on your opinion with regards to this matter.

    Thanks :)

    ¢_£¥ºÑ, May 7, 2004

  2. ¢_£¥ºÑ

    Weez Guest

    "¢_£¥ºÑ" <> wrote in message
    news:409aca54$0$12481$...
    > Not sure if this topic has been covered in this NG but anyway. . .
    > My sister flies back to NZ tomorrow after a 2 week holiday here in oz.
    > She has taken note of my cable internet service here and wishes to have
    > Saturn Cable installed not long after her return to NZ.
    > She lives within the Saturn Cable service in Wellington.
    > I have a spare Motorola SB 4100 cable modem.
    > I would gladly give it to her if it's possible for her to use it.
    > What I would like to know is, do saturn cable customers have to rent a

    cable
    > modem or is it possible to supply your own ?
    > Please, any thoughts or idea's would be taken into consideration and if

    you
    > can, elaborate on your opinion with regards to this matter.

    No can't use your own; have a look at telstraclear website
    http://tinyurl.com/2xcvx also have a look at this thread
    http://tinyurl.com/2yaxw ..J

    Weez, May 7, 2004

  3. ¢_£¥ºÑ

    steve Guest

    ¢_£¥ºÑ wrote:
    > Not sure if this topic has been covered in this NG but anyway. . .
    > My sister flies back to NZ tomorrow after a 2 week holiday here in oz.
    > She has taken note of my cable internet service here and wishes to have
    > Saturn Cable installed not long after her return to NZ.
    > She lives within the Saturn Cable service in Wellington.
    > I have a spare Motorola SB 4100 cable modem.
    > I would gladly give it to her if it's possible for her to use it.
    > What I would like to know is, do saturn cable customers have to rent a cable
    > modem or is it possible to supply your own ?
    > Please, any thoughts or idea's would be taken into consideration and if you
    > can, elaborate on your opinion with regards to this matter.

    You have to rent it....end of story.

    Where did you get a "spare" cable modem from? Australia?

    steve, May 7, 2004
  4. ¢_£¥ºÑ

    Dave Taylor Guest

    steve <> wrote in news:409aebc6
    @news.orcon.net.nz:

    > Where did you get a "spare" cable modem from? Australia?

    You buy them in stores in the USA. Ebay?
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, May 7, 2004
  5. ¢_£¥ºÑ

    ¢_£¥ºÑ Guest

    "Dave Taylor" <> wrote in message
    > steve <> wrote in news:409aebc6
    > @news.orcon.net.nz:
    >
    > > Where did you get a "spare" cable modem from? Australia?
    > >

    > You buy them in stores in the USA. Ebay?
    > Ciao, Dave

    A 12 month contract with my ISP, Optusnet, supplied me with a cable modem
    and network card. When the contract expired I was allowed to keep them. By
    then I was shopping around for other broadband ISP's whose upload speed was
    a bit faster than what cable can upload at.
    I live about 1km outside of the ADSL service so I went back to cable.
    Hence, another cable modem.

    ¢_£¥ºÑ, May 7, 2004
  6. ¢_£¥ºÑ

    steve Guest

    ¢_£¥ºÑ wrote:
    > "Dave Taylor" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>steve <> wrote in news:409aebc6
    >>@news.orcon.net.nz:
    >>

    >>>Where did you get a "spare" cable modem from? Australia?
    >>>

    >>You buy them in stores in the USA. Ebay?
    >>Ciao, Dave

    > A 12 month contract with my ISP, Optusnet, supplied me with a cable modem
    > and network card. When the contract expired I was allowed to keep them. By
    > then I was shopping around for other broadband ISP's whose upload speed was
    > a bit faster than what cable can upload at.
    > I live about 1km outside of the ADSL service so I went back to cable.
    > Hence, another cable modem.

    Interesting history. :)

    In NZ, you may have a hard time convincing TelstraClear the cable modem
    isn't one of theirs if it is the same model. :)

    They are the only local source of things.

    "..... all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed
    tosuffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves
    byabolishing the forms to which they are accustomed." - Thomas Jefferson

    steve, May 7, 2004
  7. ¢_£¥ºÑ

    ¢_£¥ºÑ Guest

    "steve" <> wrote in message
    > ¢_£¥ºÑ wrote:
    > > "Dave Taylor" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>steve <> wrote in news:409aebc6
    > >>@news.orcon.net.nz:

    > >>You buy them in stores in the USA. Ebay?
    > >>Ciao, Dave

    > > A 12 month contract with my ISP, Optusnet, supplied me with a cable

    modem
    > > and network card. When the contract expired I was allowed to keep them.

    By
    > > then I was shopping around for other broadband ISP's whose upload speed

    was
    > > a bit faster than what cable can upload at.
    > > I live about 1km outside of the ADSL service so I went back to cable.
    > > Hence, another cable modem.

    > Interesting history. :)
    >
    > In NZ, you may have a hard time convincing TelstraClear the cable modem
    > isn't one of theirs if it is the same model. :)
    >
    > They are the only local source of things.
    >
    > --

    Doesn't matter, the modem is on a plane to NZ as I write this.
    She'll put it away till Testra decide that consumers can use their own.
    Thanks for the replies :)

    ¢_£¥ºÑ, May 8, 2004