    impossible due to the rights to the musical guests but does anyone see it
    happening? I just don't see it NOT happening..the demand will become great I
    would think.
    Brian, Sep 14, 2004

  2. Brian

    jayembee Guest

    "Brian" <> wrote:

    > I know many people say that Saturday Night Live Season Sets on DVD may be
    > impossible due to the rights to the musical guests but does anyone see it
    > happening? I just don't see it NOT happening..the demand will become great I
    > would think.

    The question isn't how much demand, but how many of those demanders
    would be willing to spend the money it would cost if the label was
    able to clear all the music.

    I suspect that the Best Ofs are the best you'll ever get.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Sep 14, 2004

  3. Brian

    Mike Jackson Guest

    >> I know many people say that Saturday Night Live Season Sets on DVD may be
    >> impossible due to the rights to the musical guests but does anyone see it
    >> happening? I just don't see it NOT happening..the demand will become
    >> great I
    >> would think.

    > The question isn't how much demand, but how many of those demanders
    > would be willing to spend the money it would cost if the label was
    > able to clear all the music.

    Beside the cost of the music clearances, each episode is, what, 90 minutes
    long? And there's 20-some a season? I'll bet the price would put the Star
    Trek sets to shame.

    Mike Jackson
    Editor & Web Developer, DVD Verdict
    www.dvdverdict.com
    Mike Jackson, Sep 14, 2004
  4. "Brian" <> wrote in message news:...
    > I know many people say that Saturday Night Live Season Sets on DVD may be
    > impossible due to the rights to the musical guests but does anyone see it
    > happening? I just don't see it NOT happening..the demand will become great

    > would think.

    I doubt it would ever happen, but since FOX has MadTV: Season 1 coming out
    in a few weeks, maybe NBC will change their mind.

    Mike
    Mighty Mike Blues, Sep 14, 2004
  5. Brian

    Aphelion Guest

    > Beside the cost of the music clearances, each episode is, what, 90 minutes
    > long? And there's 20-some a season? I'll bet the price would put the Star
    > Trek sets to shame.

    Why not just omit the boring musical guests; I always turn the channel when
    that happens on SNL anyway.

    Aphelion
    Aphelion, Sep 14, 2004
  6. Brian

    FAQmeister Guest

    "Brian" <> wrote in message
    > I know many people say that Saturday Night Live Season Sets on DVD
    > may be impossible due to the rights to the musical guests but does
    > anyone see it happening? I just don't see it NOT happening..the
    > demand will become great I would think.

    They have a "Best of" set of the musical guests already, but there's
    bound to be some who will never sign a release no matter what.
    --
    Buford T. Justice
    The alt.video.dvd faq is located at:
    FAQmeister, Sep 15, 2004
  7. Brian

    Jordan Lund Guest

    "Mike Jackson" <> wrote in message news:<>...

    > Beside the cost of the music clearances, each episode is, what, 90 minutes
    > long? And there's 20-some a season? I'll bet the price would put the Star
    > Trek sets to shame.

    Look at the recent Benny Hill set, 90 minute episodes and you get,
    what? 11 of them in the set? For $40 or so? That's not too bad. I
    guess they could do SNL Season 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3... etc.

    - Jordan
    Jordan Lund, Sep 16, 2004
  8. Brian

    Jordan Lund Guest

    "Mighty Mike Blues" <> wrote in message news:<ovJ1d.2642$>...
    > "Brian" <> wrote in message news:...
    > > I know many people say that Saturday Night Live Season Sets on DVD may be
    > > impossible due to the rights to the musical guests but does anyone see it
    > > happening? I just don't see it NOT happening..the demand will become great

    > > would think.
    > >

    > I doubt it would ever happen, but since FOX has MadTV: Season 1 coming out
    > in a few weeks, maybe NBC will change their mind.

    Shortly after someone releases "Fridays" on DVD. :^)

    - Jordan
    Jordan Lund, Sep 16, 2004
  9. Brian

    Brian Guest

    Well, they can do the split...Season 1 Vol 1 and 2, and so on.

    Brian, Sep 16, 2004