    Greetings! Which of the above mode is suitable for family and travel
    photography? I have a Kodak DX6490. Any comment from Kodak Dx6490
    owners? With thanks.

    zxcvar, May 17, 2004

  2. zxcvar

    Steven Wandy Guest

    I don't have that camera, but the best advise you will probably get is "take
    some pictures, print them out and see what YOU like better". It's your
    pictures and YOU are the one who has to be satisfied with the results.

    Steven Wandy, May 17, 2004

  3. Take the mode that is closest to the cameras most natural state. I am
    guessing that this is Neutral. That way you have choices later. You can get
    the saturated colors in post processing. Leave yourself the options.

    Gene Palmiter, May 17, 2004
  4. zxcvar

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >From: (zxcvar)

    >Greetings! Which of the above mode is suitable for family and travel
    >photography? I have a Kodak DX6490. Any comment from Kodak Dx6490
    >owners? With thanks.

    Typically 'saturated' for landscapes etc, 'neutral' for portraits of your
    family, especially close-ups.

    The advice others gave, to shoot at see for yourself, is right-on but typically
    you don't want saturated colors of skin tones.

    Bill

    Bill Hilton, May 17, 2004
  5. zxcvar

    bmoag Guest

    In my experience the Kodak cameras are programmed to have very high
    saturation in their "neutral" mode. I would not let the camera add any
    further saturation at all.

    bmoag, May 17, 2004
  6. zxcvar

    Ron Baird Guest

    Greetings Zxcvar,

    The choice of settings is a personal one, I would test your shots on
    subjects that you find best. See which ones are most usable to you. I
    would then choose that setting for your travel and shooting. Personally, I
    like the saturated setting for general picture taking.

    Talk to you soon.

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ron Baird, May 19, 2004
  7. zxcvar

    Guest

    zxcvar <> wrote:
    > Greetings! Which of the above mode is suitable for family and travel
    > photography? I have a Kodak DX6490. Any comment from Kodak Dx6490
    > owners? With thanks.

    Whichever looks nicest to you is fine.
    Try both and see how they work out for you.

    , May 25, 2004
  8. zxcvar

    Ron Baird Guest

    Greetings Stan,

    Both are great for travel.

    The advantages the DX6490 may have over some others are external flash to
    gain a better flash range and the 10X optical zoom. Both would be useful to
    me if I were to be out traveling. I believe the camera you have is
    excellent for family travel. It would be nice to have a way to store your
    images as well, i.e. a connection to the web where you can upload your
    images for later use, a laptop, or other device where the images could be
    stored and the media cleared for continuing picture taking.

    Talk to you soon, Stan,

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ron Baird, May 25, 2004