    caroline Guest

    I saw an advert where you can get satellite television from anywhere in the
    World on a PC, anyone know anything about this.

    caroline, Dec 16, 2006

  2. Hiya caroline.

    In <news:Xm_gh.9868$> you wrote:

    > I saw an advert where you can get satellite television from anywhere in the
    > World on a PC, anyone know anything about this.

    It's a list of links to streaming video sites you could find using
    google.

    --
    PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952
    Bah humbug - Homepage: http://www.colinjones.co.uk ICQ# 1707811

    Ebeneezer Ponder, Dec 16, 2006

  3. "caroline" <> wrote in

    > I saw an advert where you can get satellite television
    > from anywhere in the World on a PC, anyone know anything
    > about this.

    I know I kept getting hammered by them with e-Mail proffers under a
    constantly changing "from" and "subject" fields. I know that I finally
    checked out [this particular one's] web link, and it went something like
    "regular price is $399.99, but for a limited time only, and a one-time fee
    of only $49.99, [a target] could download their exclusive software to turn
    your PC into "a second TV" - and with full payment received they'd also
    give you either a Rolex watch or an iPod... but you had to participate in
    some kind of satisfaction survey.

    The hot-tip for me was after being informed in huge dayglow boldface
    letters that if I acted now, I would save $350 -- halfway down the page,
    was a statement that "this package normally sells retail for over $150.00."

    And they almost had me at the iPod. I probably missed the deal of a
    lifetime? And I could have used that Rolex to get to my mom's dinner on
    time... My bad. LOL!

    Probably to a shark,
    about the funniest thing there is
    would be a wounded seal,
    out in the middle of the ocean,
    desperately trying to swim to shore.

    Because, like - where does he think *he's* going!??!

    Bucky Breeder, Dec 16, 2006
  4. caroline

    G. Morgan Guest

    On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 22:24:55 GMT, "caroline" <>
    wrote:

    >I saw an advert where you can get satellite television from anywhere in the
    >World on a PC, anyone know anything about this.

    That advert is a scam. If you really want to watch SAT TV on your PC
    get a DVB-S card, there is software you can use to stream the content
    too.

    --

    -Graham

    (delete the double e's to email)