    installing SP1. I'm wondering if xp64 has sp1 installed or will it atleast
    show my 250gb?

    thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?TWlrZUM=?=, Jul 13, 2005

  2. First, make sure that your SATA controller has drivers! There have been major
    issues with Nvidia drivers up to this point. That being said, x64 Edition is
    the same code base as Windows Server 2003 SP1 -- well after Windows XP SP2,
    and incorporating all the changes that were part of that SP. So the issue
    won't be Windows, but the controller manufacturers.

    --
    Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
    ======================

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 13, 2005

  3. Actually, that is Windows XP x86, Windows XP Professional x64 has support
    for large drives like yours. When installing x64 have your F6 drivers ready
    to installed during the text based portion of setup in x64.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 13, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?TWlrZUM=?=

    Rick Guest

    To the best of my knowledge, Windows x64 will see the entire drive. The
    SP1 of Win x64 is supposed to have most, if not all of the 32 bit SP2
    features. The code base for Win x64 is not the same code base as XP 32 bit.

    For 32 bit Windows XP Home & Pro, if you have SP2 slip streamed into the
    installation disc, it will see drives larger than 130GB.

    Rick, Jul 13, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?TWlrZUM=?=

    -Dan- Guest

    Mike,

    I am running 2 250 Maxtors RAID 0 and no problems with the install; once I
    figured out what I needed to do to get it to work. Disk manager sees the
    stripe set as one drive that one can set up as desired.

    One thing I have found that I would like to pass along. It appears that
    when my HD gets defraged a little to much, the OS and apps get quite
    unstable. That's probably a HD trait. I haven't heard if anyone else has
    eperienced this. So I setup a nightly defraging session and haven't
    experienced any more problems. Oops... hope that don't bring on the bad
    luck.

    --
    --Dan--

    -Dan-, Jul 14, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?TWlrZUM=?=

    M. Murcek Guest

    Like Charlie said - some people are having major grief with SATA II and RAID
    0 on x64 Edition. Search on John Barnes' posts to read what happens when
    the controller and the disks don't get along...

    M. Murcek, Jul 14, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?TWlrZUM=?=

    DKI Guest

    The original release of Windows XP had the 130Gb issue. that was resolved in
    Windows XP SP1.

    Server 2003 and Server 2003 SP1 never had that issue and Windows XP X64 is
    based on server 2003 SP1.

    Server 2003 SP1 (including Windows XP X64) also contains the security
    features that were implemented into Windows XP SP2 code.

    That information is out of date. now unless your using the original XP
    (32bit) disk.

    DKI, Jul 14, 2005
  8. May i ask where i might be able to find these drivers? From the manufactors
    website?

    =?Utf-8?B?TWlrZUM=?=, Jul 17, 2005
  9. So where might i be able to find these drivers? on the manufactures website?

    =?Utf-8?B?TWlrZUM=?=, Jul 17, 2005
  10. =?Utf-8?B?TWlrZUM=?=

    DKI Guest

    The Drivers for you Sata controller (which you may need for F6 setup) you
    have to goto either the motherboard or chipset manufuctures site

    DKI, Jul 17, 2005