    described as SATA. Will I need to buy any new cabling/connections, or will
    the existing IDE cable be ok.

    TIA
    Tappy Lappy, May 24, 2005

  2. Tappy Lappy

    pcbutts1 Guest

    You will need a new motherboard or a PCI adapter to use a SATA drive unless
    your current motherboard supports it.

    --

    I am the real pcbutts1. Trolls can forge my name
    but not my headers, check them to be sure.

    pcbutts1, May 24, 2005

  3. Tappy Lappy

    jeff Guest

    On Tue, 24 May 2005 22:28:43 GMT, "pcbutts1" <>
    wrote:

    >You will need a new motherboard or a PCI adapter to use a SATA drive unless
    >your current motherboard supports it.

    what are the benefits to using SATA?
    more drives?
    better performance?