SATA to IDE adapters..

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by puss@purrpurr.com, Oct 21, 2003.

  1. Guest

    Besides ABIT who else makes these things..

    List of brands please..

    Not the DSE one is it can't be used with one stacked drives..

    My dealer has not even heard of them..

    , Oct 21, 2003

  2. T.N.O. Guest

    <> wrote
    > Besides ABIT who else makes these things..
    > List of brands please..
    > Not the DSE one is it can't be used with one stacked drives..
    > My dealer has not even heard of them..

    Didn't you ask this a couple of weeks back with no answers?

    T.N.O., Oct 21, 2003

  3. Invisible Guest

    On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 17:16:44 +1300, "T.N.O." <> wrote:

    ><> wrote
    >> Besides ABIT who else makes these things..
    >> List of brands please..
    >> Not the DSE one is it can't be used with one stacked drives..
    >> My dealer has not even heard of them..

    >Didn't you ask this a couple of weeks back with no answers?

    At least twice.

    Invisible, Oct 21, 2003
  4. wrote:
    > Besides ABIT who else makes these things..
    >
    > List of brands please..
    >
    > Not the DSE one is it can't be used with one stacked drives..
    >

    > My dealer has not even heard of them..

    SATA is CRAP!!!!!!

    oops, I mean Satan is crap

    :)

    Russell Smithies, Oct 21, 2003
  5. T.N.O. Guest

    "Russell Smithies" wrote
    > SATA is CRAP!!!!!!
    > oops, I mean Satan is crap

    OMFG, TWSF ROTFLMAO

    T.N.O., Oct 21, 2003
  6. J.Clarke Guest

    On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 17:15:11 +1300
    wrote:

    > Besides ABIT who else makes these things..
    >
    > List of brands please..
    >
    > Not the DSE one is it can't be used with one stacked drives..
    >

    > My dealer has not even heard of them..

    If you plug the keywords "sata ide adapter" into froogle you will get
    5690 hits. If _none_ of them work for you then come back and explain
    why and maybe someone will have a suggestion.

    Nobody is going to post a list of brand names for you--you should be
    able to research that for yourself.

    --John
    (was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

    J.Clarke, Oct 21, 2003
  7. T.N.O. wrote:
    > "Russell Smithies" wrote
    >> SATA is CRAP!!!!!!
    >> oops, I mean Satan is crap

    > OMFG, TWSF ROTFLMAO

    not to keen on Santa either

    Russell Smithies, Oct 21, 2003
  8. T.N.O. Guest

    "Russell Smithies" wrote
    > > OMFG, TWSF ROTFLMAO

    > not to keen on Santa either

    hmmm same letters, both wear red... scary.

    T.N.O., Oct 21, 2003
  9. T.N.O. wrote:
    > "Russell Smithies" wrote
    >>> OMFG, TWSF ROTFLMAO

    >> not to keen on Santa either

    > hmmm same letters, both wear red... scary.

    there's also Snata http://www.dating-sites.us/personals/snata.html
    a redhead who's a little scarey

    :)

    Russell Smithies, Oct 21, 2003
  10. T.N.O. Guest

    "Russell Smithies" wrote

    > >> not to keen on Santa either

    > > hmmm same letters, both wear red... scary.

    > there's also Snata http://www.dating-sites.us/personals/snata.html
    > a redhead who's a little scarey

    She seems fine...
    "I have very kind character. This quality helps me to communicate with many
    people. I love an active image of life. For me it is very important to have
    the honour relations. If I shall feel easily with you, it will be a very
    good beginning for new life new opening in the relations and love. As my
    trade the doctor, I am able to understand and to support"

    Just dont tell me how you found that site.

    T.N.O., Oct 21, 2003
  11. Eric Gisin Guest

    Most people don't know about froogle, it's new: http://froogle.google.com/

    Eric Gisin, Oct 21, 2003
  12. chrisv Guest

    On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 09:24:26 -0700, "Eric Gisin"
    <> wrote:

    >Most people don't know about froogle, it's new: http://froogle.google.com/

    Cool. Although finding people will to sell you things was never
    terribly difficult. 8)

    chrisv, Oct 21, 2003
  13. On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 07:12:48 +0000, "J.Clarke" <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 17:15:11 +1300
    > wrote:
    >

    >> Besides ABIT who else makes these things..
    >>
    >> List of brands please..
    >>
    >> Not the DSE one is it can't be used with one stacked drives..
    >>

    >> My dealer has not even heard of them..

    >If you plug the keywords "sata ide adapter" into froogle you will get
    >5690 hits. If _none_ of them work for you then come back and explain
    >why and maybe someone will have a suggestion.

    And afre they All in New Zealand..

    Robert Mathews, Oct 22, 2003
  14. T.N.O. Guest

    "Robert Mathews" wrote
    > And afre they All in New Zealand..

    "sata ide adapter nz" then 37 links, not all are appropriate, but a start.

    T.N.O., Oct 22, 2003
  15. J.Clarke Guest

    On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 12:37:21 +1300
    Robert Mathews <> wrote:

    > On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 07:12:48 +0000, "J.Clarke" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 17:15:11 +1300
    > > wrote:
    > >

    > >> Besides ABIT who else makes these things..
    > >>
    > >> List of brands please..
    > >>
    > >> Not the DSE one is it can't be used with one stacked drives..
    > >>

    > >> My dealer has not even heard of them..

    > >If you plug the keywords "sata ide adapter" into froogle you will get
    > >5690 hits. If _none_ of them work for you then come back and explain
    > >why and maybe someone will have a suggestion.

    > And afre they All in New Zealand..

    Now we are not only expected to provide an exhaustive list of
    manufacturers but also to then determine which of them have distributers
    in New Zealand? Sorry, but they don't pay us enough to do that kind of
    research.

    Hint--go through the 5690 hits, identify the different brands and models
    that are available, then search on those names and "New Zealand" or the
    names of towns in New Zealand or stores in New Zealand and you should
    fairly quickly come up with a list of products that are available in New
    Zealand.

    J.Clarke, Oct 22, 2003