    The manual doesn't quite cover this arrangement.

    Thanks
    Jordan

    Jordan, May 27, 2006

  2. Jordan

    Meat Plow Guest

    http://techreport.com/reviews/2005q4/chipset-raid/index.x?pg=1

    Meat Plow, May 27, 2006

  3. Jordan

    fred-bloggs Guest

    Jordan <> wrote in news:4477dff3$0$1439$afc38c87
    @news.optusnet.com.au:

    > Someone wants me to build a computer, using 3 SATA hard drives.
    > He wants the first is to hold the OS, the other two are to be set up as
    > RAID 0, the setup for performance rather than data safety.
    > Is it possible to do this?
    >
    > The m'board has an Intel ICH7R Southbridge RAID controller.
    > The manual doesn't quite cover this arrangement.

    Health warning : I haven't done this so my comments are suggestions not
    answers.

    Intel ICH7R SATA RAID User’s Guide
    http://www.foxconnchannel.com/pdf/945P&pl7AC-manual-En-v1.0-RAID.pdf

    The ICH7R can connect up to 4 SATA drives. Connect drives to channel 1
    for the OS and to channels 3 and 4 for the RAID.

    In your BIOS set OnChip IDE Device to RAID.
    Press Ctrl-I to enter the RAID configuration.
    Choose Create RAID Volume.
    Select RAID0 (stripe)
    Select disks 3 & 4 to be RAID0.
    Create the volume.

    --
    fred

    fred-bloggs, May 27, 2006
  4. Jordan

    Jordan Guest

    Thanks all.

    I spend today finding the way to get RAID set up under Windows.
    Finally did it, no thanks to the ASUS motherboard manual, by telling the
    BIOS that's what I wanted to do FIRST, before installing the OS for the
    umpteenth time.

    Now, after midnight, I still have to figure out how to format the 2 RAID
    drives safely. I'm sure it's really easy, but can I find the info?

    Jordan, May 28, 2006