    Cheers

    -Al
    , Jan 10, 2007

  2. why? Guest

    On 10 Jan 2007 15:19:44 -0800, wrote:

    >Hi Guys,
    >
    >I have been looking at some devices in the Device manager in Windows
    >XP.
    >
    >I noticed that there is two catagories:
    >
    >IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers
    >SCSI and RAID controllers

    SCSI as it's non IDE. Win NT 4/2000 IIRC used SCSI as a generic
    category, assume XP same. It doesn't have to be a real SCSI device, I
    have seen drives / controllers appear in the SCSI list. Can't confirm as
    I haven't got that PC anymore only the 2 controllers and 800MB of blank
    disks)..

    >Now where should a non raid SATA drive controller appear?

    So where is it and does it matter?

    That's a SATA controller that doesn't have RAID or a SATA controller
    that has RAID capability :) but not used.

    Me
    why?, Jan 11, 2007