    IDE1 and 2??

    How can i make this appear?

    TIA

    Jimbob, Jan 5, 2005

  2. Jimbob

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 19:09:58 -0000, Jimbob wrote:

    >Hi all
    >
    >Today i recieved my WD caviar SE 80gig Sata drive. Having major problems.
    >
    >My motherboard is an Abit KV7, in the bios, under 'integrated peripherals'
    >there should be an option of 'onchip sata device' to set to enable or
    >disable, it shows this in the manual. The problem is it isn't there, only
    >IDE1 and 2??

    You did check the Abit support / kb forum?

    There is also a newsgroup
    alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit

    >How can i make this appear?

    You mean on the OnChip IDE devices screen (that's 1 more screen than you
    say above) there is no OnChip Sata Dev?

    In case it's a BIOS change, since the manual did you try the other
    options from Integrated Peripherals menu?

    You do have a drive connected? Maybe it won't enable before a disk is
    connected.

    Me

    why?, Jan 5, 2005

  3. Jimbob

    Jimbob Guest

    why? wrote:
    > You did check the Abit support / kb forum?

    Yes, there was some mention of flashing the bios? which seems a little
    extreme for something that logically should be there.

    > There is also a newsgroup
    > alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit

    Didn't know that, i'm off there now. Thanks.

    > there is no OnChip Sata Dev?

    This is exactly the problem, it should be there, to let me enable the sata
    device. But for some reason it is just not there.

    > In case it's a BIOS change, since the manual did you try the other
    > options from Integrated Peripherals menu?

    Yes, tried alot of diff options, none worked.

    > You do have a drive connected? Maybe it won't enable before a disk is
    > connected.

    Yes it is connected properly, tried both sata slots on the m/board.

    --
    A friend in need is a friend indeed, But a friend with weed is better.

    Jimbob, Jan 5, 2005
  4. Jimbob

    Tony Guest

    Hi

    If you are installing an OS on the drive, you need the raid drivers on
    floppy to see the drive.

    Tony, Jan 5, 2005
  5. Jimbob

    Trent© Guest

    On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 22:56:02 -0000, "Jimbob" <>
    wrote:

    >why? wrote:
    >> You did check the Abit support / kb forum?

    >Yes, there was some mention of flashing the bios? which seems a little
    >extreme for something that logically should be there.

    Its not unusual for a board to be shipped with a basic BIOS...allowing
    the user to install the latest as soon as he gets the board. I've
    seen that several times now. I guess it makes it easier and cheaper
    to make the boards.

    Have a nice one...

    Trent©

    Trent©, Jan 6, 2005
  6. Jimbob

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 23:50:24 +0000 (UTC), Tony wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >If you are installing an OS on the drive, you need the raid drivers on
    >floppy to see the drive.

    Nope, I don't have an Abit KV7 mobo.

    >> On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 19:09:58 -0000, Jimbob wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi all
    >>>
    >>>Today i recieved my WD caviar SE 80gig Sata drive. Having major problems.
    >>>
    >>>My motherboard is an Abit KV7, in the bios, under 'integrated peripherals'
    >>>there should be an option of 'onchip sata device' to set to enable or
    >>>disable, it shows this in the manual. The problem is it isn't there, only
    >>>IDE1 and 2??

    >> You did check the Abit support / kb forum?
    >>
    >> There is also a newsgroup
    >> alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit

    <snip>

    Me