    I have limited knowledge abouy PC`s but would like to find out how to use my
    Sata drive without swapping leads, The connectors for Sata drive look quite
    flimsy, Dont think they will last long unless kept connected, Cheers, BJ
    bruce james, Oct 14, 2005

  2. bruce james

    The One Guest

    "bruce james" <> wrote in message
    news:dio7k0$tbn$...
    > I have limited knowledge abouy PC`s but would like to find out how to use

    my
    > Sata drive without swapping leads, The connectors for Sata drive look

    quite
    > flimsy, Dont think they will last long unless kept connected, Cheers, BJ

    How to use a SATA hard drive, the same way as you use an IDE drive but with
    a different connection thats all. The only reason it seems flimsy is because
    it outdates the older IDE connection. SATA is a faster connection.
    The One, Oct 14, 2005

  3. bruce james

    bmoag Guest

    Are you asking how to use the SATA drive as your start-up drive instead of
    an IDE drive?
    You have to tell the motherboard in the BIOS where to look for the start up.
    bmoag, Oct 15, 2005
  4. bruce james

    bruce james Guest

    yes i can use the bios to start up one or the other but is there any
    software to choose which one at start up instead of having to go into the
    bios at each start up and have both drives connected, Or, can they botj
    remain connected and then choose in bios, At the moment I am disconnectiny
    the drive I dont want to use and that is why I am wondering how long the
    connecters will last with frequent use on the Sata drive.

    bruce james, Oct 15, 2005
  5. bruce james

    JTJersey Guest

    On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 13:35:56 +0100, bruce james wrote:

    > yes i can use the bios to start up one or the other but is there any
    > software to choose which one at start up instead of having to go into
    > the bios at each start up and have both drives connected, Or, can they
    > botj remain connected and then choose in bios, At the moment I am
    > disconnectiny the drive I dont want to use and that is why I am
    > wondering how long the connecters will last with frequent use on the
    > Sata drive. "bmoag"

    It sounds like you frequently pull drives in and out of your system. If
    that's the case why not just install a removeable drive bay then you can
    pop the drives in and out like a floppy? They're available for SATA and
    IDE hard drives.

    --
    Registered Linux User #267152
    JTJersey, Oct 15, 2005