    I've started to see lots of messages in other groups re: folks with new
    SATA drives
    getting shot down whilst using the setup disk set specifically on disk
    #3 for the disk set for XP

    People are saying that their download is bad but I believe demon lag
    says this is a driver issue for the new drives ie a HDD driver has to be
    installed first?

    If so, is this a driver that comes with the drive? And, how is it done?
    Plato, Jan 28, 2004

  2. Plato

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    Plato <|@|.|> wrote in news:4018178d$0$259$:

    > People are saying that their download is bad but I believe demon lag
    > says this is a driver issue for the new drives ie a HDD driver has to be
    > installed first?
    >
    > If so, is this a driver that comes with the drive? And, how is it done?

    The drivers usually come on a CD or from the website. It's the exact same
    drivers you would install from the Windows GUI for the SATA controller.
    Basically, if you don't load them, Windows can not use the SATA controller,
    so it can't see the drives connected to it. The drivers have to be loaded
    during setup by pressing F6 when prompted to and having the drivers (all
    the .sys, .dll, .inf, etc) files copied to a floppy disk and inserted when
    asked.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)