    diconnected, machine fires up as normal. I know I'm overlooking something
    really obvious, but damned if I can see it. The SATA drivers are
    installed...any ideas????

    chuckie®, Jan 20, 2005

  2. chuckie®

    Sirius Guest

    "chuckie®" <> wrote in message
    news:cYTHd.11572$...
    > System: ABit KV8 PRO m/b
    > AMD 64/3000+
    > SATA WD400JD HDD
    > IDE WD1200JD HDD
    > 1 gig RAM
    > OS = Win2000 Pro
    > I think that's all that's pertinent, let me know if more info is needed.
    > The question is: whenever I try to start the system with the SATA HDD
    > connected, it stalls at the windows loading screen (logo one, with radio
    > bar). My hope was to 'ghost' the contents of the IDE HDD to the SATA one
    > and move the IDE to another machine. Admittedly, this is my first attempt
    > at SATA, so I'm a bit of a novice there. Oh yeah, when the SATA is
    > diconnected, machine fires up as normal. I know I'm overlooking something
    > really obvious, but damned if I can see it. The SATA drivers are
    > installed...any ideas????

    I had this problem when I installed a SATA HD and tried to "Ghost" (Acronis
    actually) over an image of my C drive onto it. I presumed that it was
    because the mbr was not being transferred (but really don't have much idea
    about it). I got the hanging at the screen you mention and also some
    nonsense about a missing hal.dll on other attempts. In the end I installed
    windows on the SATA drive and then "Acronised" over my image and that has
    worked fine since. I expect there are more elegant solutions.

    Sirius, Jan 21, 2005