    would like to know more before I open it up. I have replaced a number
    of DVD burners etc on my other machines but they don't use sata.
    Could anyone suggest a good site for instructions?
    joevan, Feb 17, 2008

  2. joevan

    joevan Guest

    On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 14:28:48 GMT, joevan <>
    wrote:

    >I have not had much experience with Sata machines or rather those use
    >such. I want to add a second DVD burner to this dual core machine but
    >would like to know more before I open it up. I have replaced a number
    >of DVD burners etc on my other machines but they don't use sata.
    >Could anyone suggest a good site for instructions?

    Below is the information on the unit that came with the machine.
    I can keep it and add a second faster burner. I just would like a
    little information before I start.

    Drive : PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-104
    Type : Combo Drive
    Firmware Version : 1.30
    Buffer Size : 2000 KB
    Date : 02-05-31
    Serial Number : BETO030486WL
    Vendor Specific : 02/05/31 PIONEER
    Drive Letter : D:\
    Location : 0:0
    Mechanism : Tray
    Read Speed : 24 X
    Write Speed : 8 X

    Read CD Text : Yes
    Return C2 Pointers : Yes
    Read CD-R : Yes
    Read CD-RW : Yes
    Read DVD-ROM : Yes
    Read DVD-RAM : No
    Read DVD-R : Yes
    Read DVD-RW : Yes
    Read DVD+R : No
    Read DVD+RW : No
    Read DVD+R DL : No
    Read Digital Audio : Yes
    Read CD+G : No
    Read VideoCD : Yes

    Write CD-R : Yes
    Write CD-RW : Yes
    Write DVD-R : Yes
    Write DVD-RW : Yes
    Write DVD+R : No
    Write DVD+RW : No
    Write DVD+R DL : No
    Write DVD-RAM : No
    joevan, Feb 17, 2008

  3. joevan

    Gazwad Guest

    joevan <>, the piss-stained-vagrant and
    villainous Marmite masher who likes animalistic ball games with kangaroo
    rats, and whose partner is a trollop with a tight droog, wrote in
    <>:
    > On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 14:28:48 GMT, joevan <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>I have not had much experience with Sata machines or rather those use
    >>such. I want to add a second DVD burner to this dual core machine but
    >>would like to know more before I open it up. I have replaced a number
    >>of DVD burners etc on my other machines but they don't use sata.
    >>Could anyone suggest a good site for instructions?

    > Below is the information on the unit that came with the machine.
    > I can keep it and add a second faster burner. I just would like a
    > little information before I start.
    >
    > Drive : PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-104

    If the drive was new when the system was new then the system is not likely
    to have SATA ports natively. If it does then they wont support optical
    drives.
    Once you have established how you wish to connect SATA devices to your
    machine then simply realise that using such devices is no different to
    standard devices, installation is generally much easier as you don't have to
    worry about setting jumpers for master or slave etc. Some SATA drives have
    jumpers but are for backwards compatibility, if you're buying a recent SATA
    card then they shouldn't be an issue.

    is but a dream within a dream.
    Gazwad, Feb 17, 2008