    Does anybody have the real drivers for my hardware or any idea about the
    problem?
    my graphic card in a ATI RANDEON

    =?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQ=?=, Sep 13, 2005

  2. The Promise drivers don't work for standalone drives, only for RAID drives.
    You should, however, be able to use the VIA controller - the drivers for
    that work well.

    For more on F6 and loading storage drivers:
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64/archive/2005/06/11/52162.aspx

    And for some more on the different modes for storage driver load during
    setup, and why you care:
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64/archive/2005/07/25/59560.aspx

    HTH

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 13, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQ=?=

    Ken Guest

    "Charlie Russel - MVP" <> wrote in

    > The Promise drivers don't work for standalone drives, only for RAID
    > drives. You should, however, be able to use the VIA controller - the
    > drivers for that work well.

    Good news. Just a few days ago a driver for IDE on the Promise 378 was
    posted. Apparently an enterprising individual re-wrote the driver using the
    DDK. I've tested it on two Asus SK8V motherboards and also an MSI K8T Neo
    and it works fine. It is on the download section of www.planetamd64.com.
    Ken

    Ken, Sep 13, 2005
  4. Thank Russel,
    I'll try to install xp64 using VIA controller

    David G.

    =?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgRy4=?=, Sep 13, 2005
  5. That's good news, Ken. Now why can't Promise do this?

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 14, 2005