    64 bit drive from giga-byte for my GA-K8NSC-939. This is a preinstall
    question, trying to get my ducks all lines up. Thank-you in advance for any
    help.

    =?Utf-8?B?Wm9mbzYx?=, Aug 25, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Wm9mbzYx?=

    honjo Guest

    Zofo61 wrote:
    > How do I use the F6 optional to preinstall the 64 bit updated driver on a
    > fresh x64 install using the floppy if the driver is 32.6 MB. I downloaded the
    > 64 bit drive from giga-byte for my GA-K8NSC-939. This is a preinstall
    > question, trying to get my ducks all lines up. Thank-you in advance for any
    > help.

    This file is not just for SATA drivers. You have to copy those for SATA
    to a floppy disk. The manual should tell the details. If the manual
    does not help, then extract files and folders out of the downloaded file
    and examine them to determine what files are for SATA drivers.

    Kaz

    honjo, Aug 25, 2005

  3. Thank-you

    =?Utf-8?B?Wm9mbzYx?=, Aug 25, 2005
  4. Once expanded, you should see a subfolder with a name like 'DriverDisk' or
    'drivers' or something similar. And there's sure to be a readme file,
    probably in the root of the expanded download, that details which files need
    to go on the floppy. Failing either of those, look for a folder with a file
    called "TXTSETUP.OEM" and below that either subfolders by OS type, or in the
    same folder a set of 3 or more files: [device].inf, [device].cat, and
    [device].sys where [device] is replaced by the short name for the SATA
    controller.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 25, 2005
  5. I see the file you are talking about except for the (device).cat. I have the
    nvraid.sys and the nvraid.inf with the file (not folder) txtsetup.oem. There
    is a nvraidco.dll however. Thanks for your patience
    Chris

    =?Utf-8?B?Wm9mbzYx?=, Aug 25, 2005
  6. Charlie,
    There are also these files: nvatabus.inf and nvatabus.sys but no (device).cat
    Thanks again

    =?Utf-8?B?Wm9mbzYx?=, Aug 25, 2005
  7. everything in that folder goes on the floppy. It's different for each oem,
    and I don't happen to have an nvidia here, so don't know exactly which
    files. But I would suggest that all the files in that folder are required.
    (You can actually see which files are required by understanding the contents
    of TXTSETUP.OEM, but parsing that file is beyond the scope of something I
    can do in a NG setting. )

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 25, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?Wm9mbzYx?=

    Stuart Guest

    Charlie
    By any chance have you covered parsing the TXTSETUP.OEM file any place where it is accessible?
    I am still trying to make sense of a Promise one for Vista.
    Stuart

    Stuart, Aug 26, 2005
  9. No, I haven't. And frankly, I wouldn't presume to. I've done some work with
    this stuff, but I am not even vaguely an expert with it. But remember, GIYF.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 26, 2005