    installed drive. But when trying to boot I get no boot device error.
    Any ideas ?

    Ed

    Edward M, Mar 6, 2006

  2. Edward M

    old man Guest

    You can either boot or you cannot, so what exactly do you mean?

    old man, Mar 6, 2006

  3. Edward M

    Edward M Guest

    Can boot to other drive (IDE)set as master and can read sata drive,
    but when setting sata to master and removing other drive I can not
    boot.

    Edward M, Mar 6, 2006
  4. Edward M

    Edward M Guest

    Bascially I am not seeing in the Bios " Boot to Scsi device"
    or anything like that.

    Edward M, Mar 6, 2006
  5. Edward M

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    Edward M spewed forth:
    > Bascially I am not seeing in the Bios " Boot to Scsi device"
    > or anything like that.

    Since you ADDED a PCI card for your SATA, the BIOS in the Dimension 2400
    doesn't know how to boot from the SATA drive. If your SATA adapter is
    designed to boot, you need to work on that issue instead. Mabye not all
    adapters are designed to boot. This one is:
    http://www.cwol.com/serial-ata/2-port-sata-pci-card-internal.htm (or so they
    say) while this one isn't:
    http://www.cluboc.net/reviews/interface_cards/VantecSATA/ (or at least they
    don't say it does).