    --
    Help Me Please

    Steve
    =?Utf-8?B?c3JodWJlcg==?=, Apr 6, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?c3JodWJlcg==?=

    Tom Ferguson Guest

    The CD has the SATA driver for the controller on some motherboards and
    not others. Best if you visit the web site of the maker of your
    motherboard and get the drivers and copy them to a floppy just in case
    you need them. That presupposes you have a means of offering them to the
    install-an installed floppy.

    Of course, you could just try it. If the drivers are needed and not
    present, the drive will not be on the list of possible install locations
    and you will have to exit setup without installing the OS.

    Also, if you could let us know the make and model of your MoBo, someone
    might know if the drivers are in-box/on-CD.

    Tom
    MSMVP
    Windows Shell/User

    Tom Ferguson, Apr 6, 2007

  3. Depends entirely on which SATA controller your mobo has. Always have the
    drivers in hand. In most cases, you'll need them, IME.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Apr 6, 2007
  4. thanks went ahead and set it to dual boot so now using the OS on the sata
    drive (F drive wow and at 110Mbits/sec speed too) found out my C drive is now
    getting old like me so the install CD got the sata drivers off C now just
    maybe this question will need to install the XP Pro 32 bit version much later
    due to high cost and low income and better compatibility for 3rd party
    sofware/drivers which is better OEM cheaper or the full version and again
    thanks will just have to give it a go to overwrite the XP 64bit on F drive
    --
    Help Me Please

    Steve

    =?Utf-8?B?c3JodWJlcg==?=, Apr 28, 2007
  5. OEM requires that it be bought with a supported hardware item. It is
    permanently locked to the computer it is installed on. Retail is more
    flexible. Both are the same product, however.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Apr 28, 2007