    about make out the word.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Regards to all.

    Brian Cartwright, Oct 28, 2004

  2. Brian Cartwright

    SwissTony Guest

    "Brian Cartwright" <> wrote in message
    news:clr1lv$jjm$...
    > I have just assembled a new computer with a Gigabyte GA-7VM400 AMF
    > motherboard, Maxtor SATA hard drive connected to SATA0 and a Sony DVD

    writer
    > connected as master on the IDE primary channel.
    > After switch-on it went through the usual procedure to the 'insert system
    > disk' prompt. I inserted Windows XP pro disc and this proceeded to load
    > numerous drivers, all indicated by a succession of single line statements

    at
    > the foot of the screen. It finally came to a halt with the message "hard
    > disk not present, cannot continue". Since then, all the machine will do is
    > perform it's POST and hang on a screen showing all of the device IRQ
    > addresses and the final message as "Verifying DMI Pool Data...........".
    > Even if I clear the CMOS and start again, I do not get the same procedure
    > and I am not prompted for the system disc. I simply end up at the same
    > hang-up position. How can I get out of this closed loop?
    > The Sony DVD drive is reported correctly during the POST and the Maxtor is
    > also recognised but the info page flashes on and off so fast that I can

    just
    > about make out the word.
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    > Regards to all.

    go into bios and set it to boot from cd
    save changes and exit
    when it starts running the windows setup, look at the bottom of the screen.
    It asks you to press f6 to load driver (not sure of exact wording)
    press f6, put a floppy in the drive with the drivers for your sata HD
    they may be on the cd that came with the motherboard or downloadable from
    manufacturers website (mobo or HD)

    SwissTony, Oct 28, 2004

  3. Brian Cartwright

    Dan Evans Guest

    > I have just assembled a new computer with a Gigabyte GA-7VM400 AMF
    > motherboard, Maxtor SATA hard drive connected to SATA0 and a Sony DVD

    writer
    > connected as master on the IDE primary channel.
    > After switch-on it went through the usual procedure to the 'insert system
    > disk' prompt. I inserted Windows XP pro disc and this proceeded to load
    > numerous drivers, all indicated by a succession of single line statements

    at
    > the foot of the screen. It finally came to a halt with the message "hard
    > disk not present, cannot continue". Since then, all the machine will do is

    Press F6 when the installer says "press F6 to load RAID drivers", later on
    you get the option to load the floppy with the drivers on. The drivers you
    need will be on your motherboards driver CD.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Oct 28, 2004

    > I have just assembled a new computer with a Gigabyte GA-7VM400 AMF
    > motherboard, Maxtor SATA hard drive connected to SATA0 and a Sony DVD

    writer
    > connected as master on the IDE primary channel.
    > After switch-on it went through the usual procedure to the 'insert system
    > disk' prompt. I inserted Windows XP pro disc and this proceeded to load
    > numerous drivers, all indicated by a succession of single line statements

    at
    > the foot of the screen. It finally came to a halt with the message "hard
    > disk not present, cannot continue". Since then, all the machine will do is
    > perform it's POST and hang on a screen showing all of the device IRQ
    > addresses and the final message as "Verifying DMI Pool Data...........".
    > Even if I clear the CMOS and start again, I do not get the same procedure
    > and I am not prompted for the system disc. I simply end up at the same
    > hang-up position. How can I get out of this closed loop?
    > The Sony DVD drive is reported correctly during the POST and the Maxtor is
    > also recognised but the info page flashes on and off so fast that I can

    just
    > about make out the word.
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    > Regards to all.

    go into bios and set it to boot from cd
    save changes and exit
    when it starts running the windows setup, look at the bottom of the screen.
    It asks you to press f6 to load driver (not sure of exact wording)
    press f6, put a floppy in the drive with the drivers for your sata HD
    they may be on the cd that came with the motherboard or downloadable from
    manufacturers website (mobo or HD)
    _______________________________________

    Hello Swiss Tony,
    Thanks for your reply. I have already tried your suggested method to no
    avail.
    The computer ignores the CD and does not run anything. I simply end up as
    previously described.
    Best regards, Brian.

    Brian Cartwright, Oct 28, 2004
  5. Brian Cartwright wrote:
    > The computer ignores the CD and does not run anything. I simply end up as
    > previously described.
    > Best regards, Brian.

    Try
    http://www.dewassoc.com/support/win98/verify_dmi_data.htm

    Good Luck!
    Linux woodpecker.homnet.at 2.6.8reiser4pkt [LinuxCounter#295241]

    Walter Mautner, Oct 28, 2004
  6. Brian Cartwright

    B0dylang

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    SATA problem

    guys i think the solution is either
    1- disable SATA from ur machine BIOS and then install OS
    2- download your SATA driver from ur machine vendor website and integrate it with the OS installation file using NLite, u can find Nlite every where on Net

    B0dylang, Jun 12, 2008