    MSI 848P Neo-V mobo.

    Wierd.

    -John O

    John O, Oct 31, 2005

  2. John O

    Gerard Bok Guest

    On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 14:03:26 GMT, "John O"
    <> wrote:

    >Has anyone played with those little SATA adapters that let you convert IDE
    >(PATA) drives to work on SATA ports?

    In a recent magazine test 3 of the 4 converters tested did not
    function reliable.
    And the fourth had some other limitations....

    --
    Kind regards,
    Gerard Bok

    Gerard Bok, Oct 31, 2005

  3. John O

    John O Guest

    >>Has anyone played with those little SATA adapters that let you convert IDE
    >>(PATA) drives to work on SATA ports?

    > In a recent magazine test 3 of the 4 converters tested did not
    > function reliable.
    > And the fourth had some other limitations....

    Have any links to an online edition, Gerard? I have a bit more testing to
    do, and the two devices I tried worked perfectly on the first try.

    -John O

    John O, Oct 31, 2005
  4. John O

    Gerard Bok Guest

    On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 19:41:38 GMT, "John O"
    <> wrote:

    >>>Has anyone played with those little SATA adapters that let you convert IDE
    >>>(PATA) drives to work on SATA ports?

    >> In a recent magazine test 3 of the 4 converters tested did not
    >> function reliable.
    >> And the fourth had some other limitations....
    >>

    >Have any links to an online edition, Gerard? I have a bit more testing to
    >do, and the two devices I tried worked perfectly on the first try.

    It's the dutch september edition of C'T magazine.
    Don't expect it to be online :)

    --
    Kind regards,
    Gerard Bok

    Gerard Bok, Oct 31, 2005
  5. John O

    John O Guest

    "Gerard Bok" <> wrote in message

    >>> In a recent magazine test 3 of the 4 converters tested did not
    >>> function reliable.
    >>> And the fourth had some other limitations....
    >>>

    >>Have any links to an online edition, Gerard? I have a bit more testing to
    >>do, and the two devices I tried worked perfectly on the first try.

    > It's the dutch september edition of C'T magazine.
    > Don't expect it to be online :)

    Or in English either, I suppose. My Dutch isn't so good. ;-)

    Win XP doesn't like the two adapters I'm playing with, or more precisely it
    doesn't like the change to SATA. But Win 2k seems quite happy with either
    PATA or SATA. I suspect that XP has some unique way of detecting or
    controlling the data transfer mode, and the adapter messes with that.

    -John O

    -John O

    John O, Oct 31, 2005