    have drivers.
    I have adaptec 48300 and 4800 cards.
    Lee
    spock, Nov 3, 2009

  2. Not likely anytime soon. You'll have to bug Adaptec until they publish
    the needed drivers.

    Bobby Johnson, Nov 3, 2009

  3. spock

    spock Guest

    Anyone else with SAS raid adapter with support for windows 7?

    spock, Nov 3, 2009
  4. http://www.highpoint-tech.com/ may have some.

    Dominic Payer, Nov 3, 2009
  5. Yech. I've seen a fair number of reports of issues...

    I've had good success with 3Ware cards. Their support statement for Win7 is
    shown here: http://www.3ware.com/KB/article.aspx?id=15540

    My Adaptec card works out of the box with Server 2k8 R2, so should also for
    Win7.

    There are a lot of drivers in Win7 for SAS and other RAID cards. So far I
    haven't had one that wasn't recognized. And if it isn't, it should be able
    to use a Vista/Server 2k8 driver if you have one of those.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 3, 2009
  6. spock

    spock Guest

    I had a look at the setup.log and every few lines access denied

    How do I intergrate the vista drivers into my dvd?

    spock, Nov 4, 2009
  7. You don't integrate them. When you get to the installation screen that asks
    you which drive to install on, you click on the Load Drivers button (or
    whatever it's called, I don't have it up in front of me right now) and you
    insert your USB stick with the drivers on it, and go on about your business.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 4, 2009
  8. spock

    spock Guest

    What is the best program for cloning a hard drive apart from symantec ghost?

    spock, Nov 4, 2009
  9. spock

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Spock:
    A better alternative to Ghost is "Acronis® True Image Home 2010". Refer
    to http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/ for more
    information. Have a great day.
    --
    Dennis Pack
    Win-7 Enterprise x64, Win-7 Professional x64.

    __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4573 (20091104) __________

    http://www.eset.com
    Dennis Pack, Nov 4, 2009
  10. Acronis would have been my first choice, but they seem to be in limbo. Not
    sure what is happening with the company. IAC, I've used it and liked it in
    the past. ShadowProtect is good solution for image backups. Paragon is
    another.

    Windows Home Server is more than a simple disc cloning application, but if
    backup is your goal, it is simply the best I've ever used, full stop. It is
    image based, and can be used to clone a disk, though that's hardly all it
    does.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 4, 2009
  11. spock

    Graham Guest

    Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:
    > Acronis would have been my first choice, but they seem to be in limbo.

    Would you care to expand on this a bit? I've been a user of the
    TrueImage for several releases, and apart from the fact new releases
    with new bugs seem to be introduced faster than old bugs are fixed, I've
    been happy with it.

    (I will say that I've not been badly affected by most of the bugs,
    possibly because I only use its more basic (and therefore older)
    features. Full image backup and restore, disk migration, and mounting
    backed up volumes to restore individual files all seem to work well
    enough for me.)
    Graham, Nov 6, 2009
  12. E-mail to them was bouncing for quite some time, not sure if it still is.
    Their support forum went away. Several other indicators that there were
    issues. Not sure what is/was going on, but I'm concerned.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 6, 2009
  13. spock

    Graham Guest

    Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:
    > E-mail to them was bouncing for quite some time, not sure if it still
    > is. Their support forum went away. Several other indicators that there
    > were issues. Not sure what is/was going on, but I'm concerned.

    Last time I looked at their Wilders support forum, it said it was closed
    and they were setting up their own. If I recollect correctly, that did
    work, but I'm not 100% sure I bothered to check.

    I recently got an email telling me about their "new" netbook edition, so
    their marketing is still functioning, even if a separate netbook edition
    makes no sense to me at all!
    Graham, Nov 6, 2009