    works. also tried the omega drivers but same result. what's to be
    done?
    thanks
    gonza, Oct 16, 2003

  2. gonza

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    gonza <> wrote in news:j72uovk9kqpv6hp88vngitjauitp60ie5m@
    4ax.com:

    > the system doesn't show any information about it. i tried the catalyst
    > driver 3.8 and the version from the sapphire site but neither of them
    > works. also tried the omega drivers but same result. what's to be

    What do you mean by "neither of them works"? Like, they perform poorly,
    Windows tells you they aren't designed for your card, or they install but
    then the entire thing just stops working. More specific.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk (actually me)
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)
    DeMoN LaG, Oct 16, 2003

  3. gonza

    gonza Guest

    On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 20:31:49 -0000, DeMoN LaG <n@a> wrote:

    >gonza <> wrote in news:j72uovk9kqpv6hp88vngitjauitp60ie5m@
    >4ax.com:
    >
    >> the system doesn't show any information about it. i tried the catalyst
    >> driver 3.8 and the version from the sapphire site but neither of them
    >> works. also tried the omega drivers but same result. what's to be

    >What do you mean by "neither of them works"? Like, they perform poorly,
    >Windows tells you they aren't designed for your card, or they install but
    >then the entire thing just stops working. More specific.

    sorry. by not working i mean they don't install correctly. i install
    the driver, it asks me to reboot, i did that. but after reboot, the
    driver isn't installed at all.
    when i go to settings and adapter, it says unavailable for all
    information.
    gonza, Oct 16, 2003
  4. gonza

    gonza Guest

    btw, it says 'vgasave' when i go into properties, then driver.
    it only recognizes it as a radeon 8500 when i go to device manager.
    gonza, Oct 16, 2003