    Any ideas as to what it could be??, the tape can't be ejected at the
    moment and iv'e had a look inside and it doesn't appear to be jammed up.

    PseUDO

    PseUDO, Dec 4, 2004

  2. PseUDO

    MorrisTheCat Guest

    "PseUDO" <> wrote in message
    news:LEesd.13612$...
    > My dad has a sanyo vcr model VHR-VT821A it has been working fine with no
    > problems up until tonight, he put in a tape to watch and it tried to
    > play but then "ER:03" comes up on the disply and it switches itself off.
    >
    > Any ideas as to what it could be??, the tape can't be ejected at the
    > moment and iv'e had a look inside and it doesn't appear to be jammed up.
    >
    > PseUDO

    ER:03 means error code 03 probably just time out for take up drive or laceup
    duration.. When you say you've had a look, is that with the lid off? Is the
    tape laced up round the scanner or part of the way?

    Often the laceup part of the mech becomes sluggish from the lithium based
    grease going 'hard'. I've found capstan shafts that are not as free as they
    should be to allow them to spin up as quick as they should.

    The other thought is a bunch of electros (caps) have dried out enough in the
    SMPS and when a tape was loaded the machine can only 'hick' flagging the
    ER:03.

    My own Philips did this on Friday!

    MorrisTheCat, Dec 4, 2004

  3. PseUDO

    PseUDO Guest

    MorrisTheCat wrote:
    > "PseUDO" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>My dad has a sanyo vcr model VHR-VT821A it has been working fine with no
    >>problems up until tonight, he put in a tape to watch and it tried to
    >>play but then "ER:03" comes up on the disply and it switches itself off.
    >>
    >>Any ideas as to what it could be??, the tape can't be ejected at the
    >>moment and iv'e had a look inside and it doesn't appear to be jammed up.
    >>
    >>PseUDO

    > ER:03 means error code 03 probably just time out for take up drive or laceup
    > duration.. When you say you've had a look, is that with the lid off? Is the
    > tape laced up round the scanner or part of the way?
    >
    > Often the laceup part of the mech becomes sluggish from the lithium based
    > grease going 'hard'. I've found capstan shafts that are not as free as they
    > should be to allow them to spin up as quick as they should.
    >
    > The other thought is a bunch of electros (caps) have dried out enough in the
    > SMPS and when a tape was loaded the machine can only 'hick' flagging the
    > ER:03.
    >
    > My own Philips did this on Friday!

    Turns out, with having it unplugged over night, it nows works fine, so
    whatever it was seemed to have sorted itself out!.

    PseUDO

    PseUDO, Dec 4, 2004