    it changed for my use on ATT? Even though my contract expires soon
    I would prefer to continue with ATT (excellent service) rather
    switch to sprint.
    stumpy, Feb 19, 2004

  2. stumpy

    Matt Ferrari Guest

    "stumpy" <> wrote in message
    news:eXZYb.5100$7k3.2818@fed1read01...
    >(snip)> My grandson gave me a Sprint SCO 8100(s) to replace my old,
    > (2 years) Nokia. I'm presently using ATT cell service.
    >
    > Can I take this Sprint phone to the local ATT Wireless and have
    > it changed for my use on ATT? Even though my contract expires soon
    > I would prefer to continue with ATT (excellent service) rather
    > switch to sprint.

    Nope , phone is specifically made for Sprint.
    Different operating frequency and network type
    wont work at all on ATT Service.
    That phone is also a vision phone
    with features intended to be used with sprints vision
    internet program. Nice phone, takes nice pictures.
    Real honestly, if your *not* going to switch to Sprint
    I would throw it on ebay. Or if you do want to sign up
    with sprint, get a free phone for 2 year activation
    and then swap the ESN number to the 8100 you were given..

    I would find the carrier you like and then pick the phone
    not the other way around though. Getting a phone for
    free doesnt mean as much as you might think since
    the 8100 will only cost around $99 or the sanyo 5300 another
    nice camera phone for even less.
    (with 2 year activation)
    Also keep in mind, on the rare chance you havent heard..you should be
    able to keep your att number should you leave them.

    Good luck.

    Matt
    Matt Ferrari, Feb 20, 2004