Sanyo problem with remote

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by geopelia, Apr 7, 2013.

  1. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    I got one of those new TV set boxes. The remote is a Sanyo for the set box
    stations. The TV remote is a Loewe.

    I need to know what button I press to get from the old TV to the new setbox.
    I tried Sanyo's website but they have closed down in New Zealand, and their
    help line goes to Australia, I think. Or Japan?

    The TV firm was no help on the phone but the man says he will call in here.
    He "doesn't know how it was set up"
    ..He did say unplug and replug the power cable, which got the box power
    working again, but I switched to the old TV when a problem happened and the
    remote wouldn't work, and now I don't know how to change back. There doesn't
    seem to be a button on the box itself.

    Surely there is just one button or something to press? I didn't get an
    instruction book with the box.

    Any ideas please?

    Geopelia

    geopelia, Apr 7, 2013

  2. geopelia

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <kjsp2m$fjl$>, , geopelia
    says...

    > I got one of those new TV set boxes. The remote is a Sanyo for the set box
    > stations. The TV remote is a Loewe.
    >
    > I need to know what button I press to get from the old TV to the new setbox.
    > I tried Sanyo's website but they have closed down in New Zealand, and their
    > help line goes to Australia, I think. Or Japan?
    >
    > The TV firm was no help on the phone but the man says he will call in here.
    > He "doesn't know how it was set up"
    > .He did say unplug and replug the power cable, which got the box power
    > working again, but I switched to the old TV when a problem happened and the
    > remote wouldn't work, and now I don't know how to change back. There doesn't
    > seem to be a button on the box itself.
    >
    > Surely there is just one button or something to press? I didn't get an
    > instruction book with the box.
    >
    > Any ideas please?
    >
    > Geopelia

    Got nothing to do with the Sanyo - this is about getting your TV onto
    the set box "channel". So looking at your TV remote, check for a
    "channel" change button - like AV, or HDMI etc. And just go through
    those. Ensure your set top box is on so you'll know when you've got it
    right! :)

    You might be able to get a hint yourself, by checking the input/output
    leads from the set top freeview box to your TV - what "line" is it
    plugged into on your TV - it should have a name - that's the "channel"
    you want to select on your TV remote.

    --
    Duncan.

    Dave Doe, Apr 7, 2013

  3. geopelia

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <-september.org>,
    , Dave Doe says...

    > In article <kjsp2m$fjl$>, , geopelia
    > says...
    > >
    > > I got one of those new TV set boxes. The remote is a Sanyo for the set box
    > > stations. The TV remote is a Loewe.
    > >
    > > I need to know what button I press to get from the old TV to the new setbox.
    > > I tried Sanyo's website but they have closed down in New Zealand, and their
    > > help line goes to Australia, I think. Or Japan?
    > >
    > > The TV firm was no help on the phone but the man says he will call in here.
    > > He "doesn't know how it was set up"
    > > .He did say unplug and replug the power cable, which got the box power
    > > working again, but I switched to the old TV when a problem happened and the
    > > remote wouldn't work, and now I don't know how to change back. There doesn't
    > > seem to be a button on the box itself.
    > >
    > > Surely there is just one button or something to press? I didn't get an
    > > instruction book with the box.
    > >
    > > Any ideas please?
    > >
    > > Geopelia

    > Got nothing to do with the Sanyo - this is about getting your TV onto
    > the set box "channel". So looking at your TV remote, check for a
    > "channel" change button - like AV, or HDMI etc. And just go through
    > those. Ensure your set top box is on so you'll know when you've got it
    > right! :)
    >
    > You might be able to get a hint yourself, by checking the input/output
    > leads from the set top freeview box to your TV - what "line" is it
    > plugged into on your TV - it should have a name - that's the "channel"
    > you want to select on your TV remote.

    And... at a guess, it will be the AV buton (your old Loewe probably
    doesn't have HDMI on the remote) - so press that, maybe more than once -
    as it should go through TV/AV/AV1/AV2 etc, and back to TV (ie go round
    the options).

    --
    Duncan.

    Dave Doe, Apr 7, 2013
  4. geopelia

    Enkidu Guest

    On 08/04/13 10:09, Dave Doe wrote:
    > In article <kjsp2m$fjl$>, , geopelia
    > says...
    >>
    >> I got one of those new TV set boxes. The remote is a Sanyo for the set box
    >> stations. The TV remote is a Loewe.
    >>
    >> I need to know what button I press to get from the old TV to the new setbox.
    >> I tried Sanyo's website but they have closed down in New Zealand, and their
    >> help line goes to Australia, I think. Or Japan?
    >>
    >> The TV firm was no help on the phone but the man says he will call in here.
    >> He "doesn't know how it was set up"
    >> .He did say unplug and replug the power cable, which got the box power
    >> working again, but I switched to the old TV when a problem happened and the
    >> remote wouldn't work, and now I don't know how to change back. There doesn't
    >> seem to be a button on the box itself.
    >>
    >> Surely there is just one button or something to press? I didn't get an
    >> instruction book with the box.
    >>
    >> Any ideas please?
    >>
    >> Geopelia

    > Got nothing to do with the Sanyo - this is about getting your TV onto
    > the set box "channel". So looking at your TV remote, check for a
    > "channel" change button - like AV, or HDMI etc. And just go through
    > those. Ensure your set top box is on so you'll know when you've got it
    > right! :)
    >
    > You might be able to get a hint yourself, by checking the input/output
    > leads from the set top freeview box to your TV - what "line" is it
    > plugged into on your TV - it should have a name - that's the "channel"
    > you want to select on your TV remote.

    I agree, but it isn't a "channel" button, is it? Calling it that could
    be confusing. On my remote for my Panasonic, there are two buttons, TV
    and AV. These are *inputs*. The TV button switches to the normal analog
    signal on the TV. The set top box is connected to one of the alternate
    inputs (AV), I suspect. As Duncan says, the AV button is the one that
    you want, probably.

    What model is your Loewe Geo? We could look it up for you, on a site
    like this :
    http://www.findremotes.com/remote-controls-1/remote-controls-65465a87-control-1240157.htm

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Apr 7, 2013
  5. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "Dave Doe" <> wrote in message
    > In article <kjsp2m$fjl$>, , geopelia
    > says...
    >>
    >> I got one of those new TV set boxes. The remote is a Sanyo for the set
    >> box
    >> stations. The TV remote is a Loewe.
    >>
    >> I need to know what button I press to get from the old TV to the new
    >> setbox.
    >> I tried Sanyo's website but they have closed down in New Zealand, and
    >> their
    >> help line goes to Australia, I think. Or Japan?
    >>
    >> The TV firm was no help on the phone but the man says he will call in
    >> here.
    >> He "doesn't know how it was set up"
    >> .He did say unplug and replug the power cable, which got the box power
    >> working again, but I switched to the old TV when a problem happened and
    >> the
    >> remote wouldn't work, and now I don't know how to change back. There
    >> doesn't
    >> seem to be a button on the box itself.
    >>
    >> Surely there is just one button or something to press? I didn't get an
    >> instruction book with the box.
    >>
    >> Any ideas please?
    >>
    >> Geopelia

    > Got nothing to do with the Sanyo - this is about getting your TV onto
    > the set box "channel". So looking at your TV remote, check for a
    > "channel" change button - like AV, or HDMI etc. And just go through
    > those. Ensure your set top box is on so you'll know when you've got it
    > right! :)

    I tried that, it's all "no signal".

    > You might be able to get a hint yourself, by checking the input/output
    > leads from the set top freeview box to your TV - what "line" is it
    > plugged into on your TV - it should have a name - that's the "channel"
    > you want to select on your TV remote.

    Thank you. I tried AV, which just shows "video". Pressing a station shows
    "no signal"

    On the box, red and white are plugged into 'audio'
    Yellow is into 'component'

    On the TV set all three are into EOEO-AV2 Yellow on left, white middle, red
    on right.

    I've got a button on the TV remote 0 That doesn't work
    AV

    I don't have an AV2 button. I've got 2
    ABC

    More complicated than it seemed when the TV man was here.

    I wonder how many other people are as baffled as I am.
    Am I just dumb?
    This government needs shooting changing a simple system.

    geopelia, Apr 8, 2013
  6. geopelia

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <kjsvh1$o8n$>, , geopelia
    says...

    > "Dave Doe" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <kjsp2m$fjl$>, , geopelia
    > > says...
    > >>
    > >> I got one of those new TV set boxes. The remote is a Sanyo for the set
    > >> box
    > >> stations. The TV remote is a Loewe.
    > >>
    > >> I need to know what button I press to get from the old TV to the new
    > >> setbox.
    > >> I tried Sanyo's website but they have closed down in New Zealand, and
    > >> their
    > >> help line goes to Australia, I think. Or Japan?
    > >>
    > >> The TV firm was no help on the phone but the man says he will call in
    > >> here.
    > >> He "doesn't know how it was set up"
    > >> .He did say unplug and replug the power cable, which got the box power
    > >> working again, but I switched to the old TV when a problem happened and
    > >> the
    > >> remote wouldn't work, and now I don't know how to change back. There
    > >> doesn't
    > >> seem to be a button on the box itself.
    > >>
    > >> Surely there is just one button or something to press? I didn't get an
    > >> instruction book with the box.
    > >>
    > >> Any ideas please?
    > >>
    > >> Geopelia

    > > Got nothing to do with the Sanyo - this is about getting your TV onto
    > > the set box "channel". So looking at your TV remote, check for a
    > > "channel" change button - like AV, or HDMI etc. And just go through
    > > those. Ensure your set top box is on so you'll know when you've got it
    > > right! :)

    > I tried that, it's all "no signal".
    >

    > > You might be able to get a hint yourself, by checking the input/output
    > > leads from the set top freeview box to your TV - what "line" is it
    > > plugged into on your TV - it should have a name - that's the "channel"
    > > you want to select on your TV remote.
    > >

    > Thank you. I tried AV, which just shows "video". Pressing a station shows
    > "no signal"
    >
    > On the box, red and white are plugged into 'audio'
    > Yellow is into 'component'
    >
    > On the TV set all three are into EOEO-AV2 Yellow on left, white middle, red
    > on right.
    >
    > I've got a button on the TV remote 0 That doesn't work
    > AV
    >
    > I don't have an AV2 button. I've got 2
    > ABC

    Since it's pluggee into EOEO-AV2, if you keep pressing AV on your TV
    remote, I'm thinking it should change to AV (1), and then if you press
    it again, to AV2. And that should be it.

    --
    Duncan.

    Dave Doe, Apr 8, 2013
  7. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "Dave Doe" <> wrote in message
    > In article <kjsvh1$o8n$>, , geopelia
    > says...
    >>
    >> "Dave Doe" <> wrote in message
    >> > In article <kjsp2m$fjl$>, , geopelia
    >> > says...

    >> > Got nothing to do with the Sanyo - this is about getting your TV onto
    >> > the set box "channel". So looking at your TV remote, check for a
    >> > "channel" change button - like AV, or HDMI etc. And just go through
    >> > those. Ensure your set top box is on so you'll know when you've got it
    >> > right! :)

    >> I tried that, it's all "no signal".
    >>

    >> > You might be able to get a hint yourself, by checking the input/output
    >> > leads from the set top freeview box to your TV - what "line" is it
    >> > plugged into on your TV - it should have a name - that's the "channel"
    >> > you want to select on your TV remote.
    >> >

    >> Thank you. I tried AV, which just shows "video". Pressing a station shows
    >> "no signal"
    >>
    >> On the box, red and white are plugged into 'audio'
    >> Yellow is into 'component'
    >>
    >> On the TV set all three are into EOEO-AV2 Yellow on left, white middle,
    >> red
    >> on right.
    >>
    >> I've got a button on the TV remote 0 That doesn't work
    >> AV
    >>
    >> I don't have an AV2 button. I've got 2
    >> ABC

    > Since it's pluggee into EOEO-AV2, if you keep pressing AV on your TV
    > remote, I'm thinking it should change to AV (1), and then if you press
    > it again, to AV2. And that should be it.

    Do you mean what is shown on the TV screen? That still shows '0 Video'
    every time.

    geopelia, Apr 8, 2013
  8. geopelia

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <kjt5oo$o2h$>, , geopelia
    says...

    > "Dave Doe" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <kjsvh1$o8n$>, , geopelia
    > > says...
    > >>
    > >> "Dave Doe" <> wrote in message

    > >> I tried that, it's all "no signal".

    > >> Thank you. I tried AV, which just shows "video". Pressing a station shows
    > >> "no signal"
    > >>
    > >> On the box, red and white are plugged into 'audio'
    > >> Yellow is into 'component'
    > >>
    > >> On the TV set all three are into EOEO-AV2 Yellow on left, white middle,
    > >> red
    > >> on right.
    > >>
    > >> I've got a button on the TV remote 0 That doesn't work
    > >> AV
    > >>
    > >> I don't have an AV2 button. I've got 2
    > >> ABC

    > > Since it's pluggee into EOEO-AV2, if you keep pressing AV on your TV
    > > remote, I'm thinking it should change to AV (1), and then if you press
    > > it again, to AV2. And that should be it.

    > Do you mean what is shown on the TV screen? That still shows '0 Video'
    > every time.

    Yes, the TV screen, using the TV remote (this is not a skybox issue).
    This is chaning your TV input mode so it's on the input for the sky box.
    Do you still have your TV manual? If so, read it! :)

    --
    Duncan.

    Dave Doe, Apr 8, 2013
  9. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "Dave Doe" <> wrote in message
    > In article <kjt5oo$o2h$>, , geopelia
    > says...
    >>
    >> "Dave Doe" <> wrote in message
    >> > In article <kjsvh1$o8n$>, , geopelia
    >> > says...

    >> > Since it's pluggee into EOEO-AV2, if you keep pressing AV on your TV
    >> > remote, I'm thinking it should change to AV (1), and then if you press
    >> > it again, to AV2. And that should be it.

    >> Do you mean what is shown on the TV screen? That still shows '0 Video'
    >> every time.

    > Yes, the TV screen, using the TV remote (this is not a skybox issue).
    > This is chaning your TV input mode so it's on the input for the sky box.
    > Do you still have your TV manual? If so, read it! :)

    I've got it, but the TV is very old, well before Sky and these setbox things
    were invented.
    It's on its second remote, the old one wore out.
    The TV man has just called

    On the TV remote there is a circle thing with four dots and OK The side
    dots do the volume.

    The top dot going up goes 1 2 3 4 5

    The bottom dot going down goes 3 2 1 0 AV1 (for tape) AV2 for Freeview
    (box)
    AV2 is the one I want.

    I would never have guessed that in a million years.

    I had a look at the Loewe manual but that is years old and shows the old
    remote, nothing like the new one.

    And I thought computers were complicated enough!
    Dumb, aren't I?
    I wonder what will happen when the government switches the old TV off and
    this new box plays up.
    But I will cross that bridge when I get to it.

    geopelia, Apr 8, 2013
  10. geopelia

    Enkidu Guest

    On 08/04/13 15:31, geopelia wrote:

    > And I thought computers were complicated enough!

    Heheheh! I worked with computers for many years and never got the TV/DVD
    player/VCR sorted out properly. The new digital setup (I have
    "MyFreeview" is much simpler.

    > Dumb, aren't I?

    Not at all.

    > I wonder what will happen when the government switches the old TV off and
    > this new box plays up.

    Your computer man could advise.

    Enkidu, Apr 8, 2013
  11. geopelia

    Dave Taylor Guest

    "geopelia" <> wrote in

    > The top dot going up goes 1 2 3 4 5
    >
    > The bottom dot going down goes 3 2 1 0 AV1 (for tape) AV2 for
    > Freeview
    > (box)
    > AV2 is the one I want.
    >
    > I would never have guessed that in a million years.

    Glad to hear you got it sorted out.

    I purchased a Logitech Universal Remote years ago and it has "Activities"
    I click on watch TV, or DVD etc as needed and it presses all the correct
    buttons for the stereo, the T-Box, the TV, the DVD, and my media player as
    needed. Probably total overkill for you, but I think it is the easiest
    remote to use ever made.

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Apr 8, 2013
  12. On Mon, 8 Apr 2013 09:42:09 +1200, "geopelia" <>
    wrote:

    >I got one of those new TV set boxes. The remote is a Sanyo for the set box
    >stations. The TV remote is a Loewe.
    >
    >I need to know what button I press to get from the old TV to the new setbox.
    >I tried Sanyo's website but they have closed down in New Zealand, and their
    >help line goes to Australia, I think. Or Japan?
    >
    >The TV firm was no help on the phone but the man says he will call in here.
    >He "doesn't know how it was set up"
    >.He did say unplug and replug the power cable, which got the box power
    >working again, but I switched to the old TV when a problem happened and the
    >remote wouldn't work, and now I don't know how to change back. There doesn't
    >seem to be a button on the box itself.
    >
    >Surely there is just one button or something to press? I didn't get an
    >instruction book with the box.
    >
    >Any ideas please?
    >
    >Geopelia

    I had one of those sold by the Warehouse some years back they are Old
    and No support at all, it did lockup now and again but not that often,
    just re plug it.

    I don't thing it supports Analog, I have a Cheap PVR works well but also
    no Analog support.

    Frank Williams, Apr 8, 2013
  13. geopelia

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <kjtdi0$u0a$>, , geopelia
    says...

    > "Dave Doe" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <kjt5oo$o2h$>, , geopelia
    > > says...
    > >>
    > >> "Dave Doe" <> wrote in message

    > >> Do you mean what is shown on the TV screen? That still shows '0 Video'
    > >> every time.

    > > Yes, the TV screen, using the TV remote (this is not a skybox issue).
    > > This is chaning your TV input mode so it's on the input for the sky box.
    > > Do you still have your TV manual? If so, read it! :)
    > >

    > I've got it, but the TV is very old, well before Sky and these setbox things
    > were invented.
    > It's on its second remote, the old one wore out.

    As said, and as you now know, nothing to do with Sky or Freeview
    machines, this is understanding your TV and its remote.

    > The TV man has just called
    >
    > On the TV remote there is a circle thing with four dots and OK The side
    > dots do the volume.
    >
    > The top dot going up goes 1 2 3 4 5
    >
    > The bottom dot going down goes 3 2 1 0 AV1 (for tape) AV2 for Freeview
    > (box)
    > AV2 is the one I want.
    >
    > I would never have guessed that in a million years.

    Well I think you should have :). Afterall, it's just a matter of
    getting the remote to change the TV to AV2 input - which we've concluded
    is the input for the Freeview box.

    If it's more convenient, you could put the plugs from the AV2 input into
    the AV1 input - it should save you one keypress on the remote. But
    (guessing) you may already have something on the AV1 input on the TV,
    such as a really old VCR! :) - or maybe a later DVD player. If so,
    don't **** with it :) If you know now how to get to AV2, then I'd
    suggest you stick with it :)

    > I had a look at the Loewe manual but that is years old and shows the old
    > remote, nothing like the new one.

    I'm guesing it's a third party remote.

    > And I thought computers were complicated enough!
    > Dumb, aren't I?
    > I wonder what will happen when the government switches the old TV off and
    > this new box plays up.
    > But I will cross that bridge when I get to it.

    I wouldn't worry too much - if your TV "respects" the settings it's been
    set at (AV2), it will start on AV2 - so you won't need to change
    anything. If it starts up on TV mode, perhaps you should get a new TV
    :) 40" widescreen's are cheap now, and have the correct aspect ratio.
    Does your old Loewe have the correct aspect ratio? (is it "widescreen")?

    --
    Duncan.

    Dave Doe, Apr 8, 2013
  14. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "Frank Williams" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 8 Apr 2013 09:42:09 +1200, "geopelia" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>I got one of those new TV set boxes. The remote is a Sanyo for the set box
    >>stations. The TV remote is a Loewe.
    >>
    >>I need to know what button I press to get from the old TV to the new
    >>setbox.
    >>I tried Sanyo's website but they have closed down in New Zealand, and
    >>their
    >>help line goes to Australia, I think. Or Japan?
    >>
    >>The TV firm was no help on the phone but the man says he will call in
    >>here.
    >>He "doesn't know how it was set up"
    >>.He did say unplug and replug the power cable, which got the box power
    >>working again, but I switched to the old TV when a problem happened and
    >>the
    >>remote wouldn't work, and now I don't know how to change back. There
    >>doesn't
    >>seem to be a button on the box itself.
    >>
    >>Surely there is just one button or something to press? I didn't get an
    >>instruction book with the box.
    >>
    >>Any ideas please?
    >>
    >>Geopelia
    >>

    > I had one of those sold by the Warehouse some years back they are Old
    > and No support at all, it did lockup now and again but not that often,
    > just re plug it.
    >

    > I don't think it supports Analog, I have a Cheap PVR works well but also
    > no Analog support.

    The TV firm is still installing them.

    geopelia, Apr 8, 2013
  15. geopelia

    Enkidu Guest

    On 09/04/13 10:16, geopelia wrote:

    >> I had one of those sold by the Warehouse some years back they are Old
    >> and No support at all, it did lockup now and again but not that often,
    >> just re plug it.
    >>

    >> I don't think it supports Analog, I have a Cheap PVR works well but also
    >> no Analog support.

    > The TV firm is still installing them.

    My advice is to ignore Roger AKA Frank.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Apr 8, 2013
  16. On Tue, 09 Apr 2013 10:23:28 +1200, Enkidu
    <> wrote:

    >On 09/04/13 10:16, geopelia wrote:
    >>
    >>> I had one of those sold by the Warehouse some years back they are Old
    >>> and No support at all, it did lockup now and again but not that often,
    >>> just re plug it.
    >>>

    >>> I don't think it supports Analog, I have a Cheap PVR works well but also
    >>> no Analog support.

    >> The TV firm is still installing them.
    >>

    >My advice is to ignore Roger AKA Frank.
    >
    >Cheers,
    >
    >Cliff

    What a Idiot you are its a Dumpt product some one brought a job lot and
    selling the for heaps.

    And has NILL support Take it back.

    Frank Williams, Apr 9, 2013
  17. On Tue, 9 Apr 2013 10:16:04 +1200, "geopelia" <>
    wrote:

    >"Frank Williams" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 8 Apr 2013 09:42:09 +1200, "geopelia" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I got one of those new TV set boxes. The remote is a Sanyo for the set box
    >>>stations. The TV remote is a Loewe.
    >>>
    >>>I need to know what button I press to get from the old TV to the new
    >>>setbox.
    >>>I tried Sanyo's website but they have closed down in New Zealand, and
    >>>their
    >>>help line goes to Australia, I think. Or Japan?
    >>>
    >>>The TV firm was no help on the phone but the man says he will call in
    >>>here.
    >>>He "doesn't know how it was set up"
    >>>.He did say unplug and replug the power cable, which got the box power
    >>>working again, but I switched to the old TV when a problem happened and
    >>>the
    >>>remote wouldn't work, and now I don't know how to change back. There
    >>>doesn't
    >>>seem to be a button on the box itself.
    >>>
    >>>Surely there is just one button or something to press? I didn't get an
    >>>instruction book with the box.
    >>>
    >>>Any ideas please?
    >>>
    >>>Geopelia
    >>>

    >> I had one of those sold by the Warehouse some years back they are Old
    >> and No support at all, it did lockup now and again but not that often,
    >> just re plug it.
    >>

    >> I don't think it supports Analog, I have a Cheap PVR works well but also
    >> no Analog support.
    >>

    >The TV firm is still installing them.

    Yes you got conned its a obsolete product, no support at all.

    Get a cheap $70 Transonic they work and have NZ support Plus online
    updates.

    Frank Williams, Apr 9, 2013
  18. On Tue, 09 Apr 2013 21:27:51 +1200, EMB <> wrote:

    >On 9/04/2013 5:17 p.m., geopelia wrote:
    >

    >> It's not fair to name the firm here, as you may be wrong.

    >Frank/Woger/Roger is generally wrong[1]. A significant proportion of
    >the products he labels as "crap" are either very good or best-of-breed.
    > Ignore him completely and save the worry and stress his delusional
    >drivel tends to impart.
    >
    >[1] A long time ago (1970s?) he was reputedly a mainframe computer
    >engineer. That career was apparently ended by early-onset senile
    >dementia, which also explains his current posturings and abusive attitude.

    Under the current New Zealander laws I intent to report this posting to
    the Police and I do hope that they will lock you away for a long long
    time..

    Frank Williams, Apr 9, 2013
  19. On Tue, 9 Apr 2013 17:17:23 +1200, "geopelia" <>
    wrote:

    >"Frank Williams" <> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 9 Apr 2013 10:16:04 +1200, "geopelia" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>>"Frank Williams" <> wrote in message

    >>>The TV firm is still installing them.
    >>>

    >> Yes you got conned its a obsolete product, no support at all.
    >>
    >> Get a cheap $70 Transonic they work and have NZ support Plus online
    >> updates.
    >>

    >I'll see what "Consumer" has to say. If you are right there is always "Fair
    >Go".
    >But it may just be a settling down problem, we shall see.
    >
    >It's not fair to name the firm here, as you may be wrong.

    NOT WRONG AS I HAD ONE OF THESE MYSELF.

    Frank Williams, Apr 9, 2013
  20. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "geoff" <> wrote in message

    > "geopelia" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Dave Doe" <> wrote in message
    >> I wonder how many other people are as baffled as I am.
    >> Am I just dumb?
    >> This government needs shooting changing a simple system.

    > And cars should not be allowed on public roadways !
    >

    > The "set top box" for Freeview is just a separate device like a DVD or
    > Video Tape machine. You 'simply' have to know how to select it on you TV.
    >
    > geoff - not the sort of person who says "I told you so", but I told you so
    > ;-)

    The TV man showed me. It's very complicated.

    geopelia, Apr 10, 2013