  1. ransley

    ransley Guest

    Where are they sold, maybe at Best Buy or Circuit City?
    ransley, May 19, 2008

  2. ransley

    Guest

    , May 19, 2008

  3. ransley

    Dave Cohen Guest

    Allen wrote:
    > ransley wrote:
    >> Where are they sold, maybe at Best Buy or Circuit City?

    > I bought mine at Costco, but I was rather surprised to see some at
    > WalMart recently. (Only one time, in one store so far but I'll be
    > watching for them in the future).
    > Allen

    I've seen them at Walmart packaged with a charger - around $19 and then
    only sometimes. I got mine at Ritz, paid $12 18 months ago. My belief is
    these are reliably the best, however, I've since got Kodak equivalent at
    Walmart, again not always available there. They and the Hybrids they
    also sell (but not always!!) seem ok. I can vouch for Eneloops since
    they are in my A95, I've only ever charged them once in 18 months.
    Dave Cohen
    Dave Cohen, May 20, 2008
  4. ? "Dave Cohen" <> ?????? ??? ??????
    > Allen wrote:
    >> ransley wrote:
    >>> Where are they sold, maybe at Best Buy or Circuit City?

    >> I bought mine at Costco, but I was rather surprised to see some at
    >> WalMart recently. (Only one time, in one store so far but I'll be
    >> watching for them in the future).
    >> Allen
    >>

    > I've seen them at Walmart packaged with a charger - around $19 and then
    > only sometimes. I got mine at Ritz, paid $12 18 months ago. My belief is
    > these are reliably the best, however, I've since got Kodak equivalent at
    > Walmart, again not always available there. They and the Hybrids they also
    > sell (but not always!!) seem ok. I can vouch for Eneloops since they are
    > in my A95, I've only ever charged them once in 18 months.
    > Dave Cohen

    And if you use slow discharge AAs do you get discharged from the army
    sooner? And, vice versa, if you're discharged from the army, your batteries
    drain sooner? No, seriously any place you get them cheap, is good, as long
    as they are from manufacturers with a good reputation.

    --
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    major in electrical engineering
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios, May 20, 2008
  5. "Tzortzakakis Dimitrios" <> writes:

    >And if you use slow discharge AAs do you get discharged from the army
    >sooner? And, vice versa, if you're discharged from the army, your batteries
    >drain sooner? No, seriously any place you get them cheap, is good, as long
    >as they are from manufacturers with a good reputation.

    Are you talking about alkalines or NiMH cells? All alkalines have low
    self-discharge, so it doesn't matter what manufacturer you buy them
    from. But this thread is talking about NiMH cells with low self
    discharge, and only a few brands have this feature so far. Sanyo
    Eneloop is one of them.

    However, if you just go out and buy NiMH cells from a random
    manufacturer with a good reputation, you're likely to get standard NiMH
    with a standard self-discharge rate of 1% a day or so. The Eneloops are
    supposed to be much better than that.

    Dave
    Dave Martindale, May 20, 2008
  6. ransley

    Bill Guest

    On Mon, 19 May 2008 13:30:34 -0700 (PDT), ransley
    <> wrote:

    >Where are they sold, maybe at Best Buy or Circuit City?

    I recently picked up 4 AA Rayovac Hybrids at Target for $10. They're
    rated at 2100 mAh. Anyone know what the Eneloops are rated at?

    Bill
    Bill, May 21, 2008
  7. ransley

    ransley Guest

    On May 20, 9:09 pm, Allen <> wrote:
    > Bill wrote:
    > > On Mon, 19 May 2008 13:30:34 -0700 (PDT), ransley
    > > <> wrote:

    > >> Where are they sold, maybe at Best Buy or Circuit City?

    > > I recently picked up 4 AA Rayovac Hybrids at Target for $10.  They're
    > > rated  at 2100 mAh.  Anyone know what the Eneloops are rated at?

    > > Bill

    > I'll let someone who knows answer your question, but the Rayovacs were
    > my preference before I bought the Target kit with 8 AAs in it. They
    > don't have nearly the charged life as Eneloops, but they have done all
    > right. I think all my Reyos came from Walmart for something like $8.49
    > for 4.
    > Allen

    Sanyo states eneloop keep 90% charge vs 75% after 6 mo and 85% vs 0
    after a year compared to regular Nimh, I found them at Circuit city
    but sanyos site only said to contact sanyo for sales. I will buy a few
    since self discharge always has me recharging the regular ones when I
    pull out a camera.
    ransley, May 21, 2008
  8. Ï "Dave Martindale" <> Ýãñáøå óôï ìÞíõìá
    > "Tzortzakakis Dimitrios" <> writes:
    >
    >>And if you use slow discharge AAs do you get discharged from the army
    >>sooner? And, vice versa, if you're discharged from the army, your
    >>batteries
    >>drain sooner? No, seriously any place you get them cheap, is good, as long
    >>as they are from manufacturers with a good reputation.

    > Are you talking about alkalines or NiMH cells? All alkalines have low
    > self-discharge, so it doesn't matter what manufacturer you buy them
    > from. But this thread is talking about NiMH cells with low self
    > discharge, and only a few brands have this feature so far. Sanyo
    > Eneloop is one of them.
    >
    > However, if you just go out and buy NiMH cells from a random
    > manufacturer with a good reputation, you're likely to get standard NiMH
    > with a standard self-discharge rate of 1% a day or so. The Eneloops are
    > supposed to be much better than that.

    Yeah, whatever. Our local battery and IT chain, www.germanos.gr stopped
    altogether selling regular NiMHs and chargers, and sells only eneloops.
    FWIW, I'm a good fan of classical NiMHs...

    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios, May 21, 2008
  9. ransley

    Bill Guest

    On Tue, 20 May 2008 18:29:47 -0700, (Dave Platt)
    wrote:

    >In article <>,
    >Bill <> wrote:
    >
    >>>Where are they sold, maybe at Best Buy or Circuit City?

    >>I recently picked up 4 AA Rayovac Hybrids at Target for $10. They're
    >>rated at 2100 mAh. Anyone know what the Eneloops are rated at?

    >According to the pages at Thomas Distributing:
    >
    > Eneloops are rated at 2000 mAh
    > Uniross Hybrio 2100 mAh
    > NexCell EnergyON 2000 mAh
    > Kodak 2100 mAh
    > Maha Imedion 2100 mAh
    > Ansmann 2100 mAh
    > Delkin 2300 mAh
    >
    >When measured with a Powerex C-9000 charger, the Hybrio AAs I bought
    >are testing out at an average of around 1875 mAh. Imedions are
    >testing out at around 2050 mAh. I haven't run a set of the Rayovac
    >Hybrids through the test cycle yet.
    >
    >I don't know whether the higher number given for the Delkin cells
    >reflects further progress in the technology, or is just a case of
    >enthusiastic marketingspeak.
    >
    >Out of curiosity, I ran a test cycle on a set of four Lenmar "NoMEM
    >Pro" cells I bought a couple of years ago - they're labeled as 2000
    >mAh, and had been used very lightly. Ugh. After a complete
    >slow-conditioning breakin cycle on the Powerex C-9000, they only
    >delivered an average of 1550 mAh (and didn't improve significantly
    >after being run through the discharge/recharge "Refresh and analyze"
    >cycle).
    >
    >I charged them up completely, let them sit for a week, and did a
    >discharge test... average capacity was around 1200. I did a "Refresh
    >and analyze" and got only 1388 mAh on average. Conclusion: they're
    >terrible - low capacity even after break-in, very rapid
    >self-discharge, and the effect of the breakin doesn't last very long
    >at all.
    >
    >I tossed 'em in the battery-recycling bin at work - they'd be more
    >trouble to keep useful than they're worth.

    Thanks Dave (and Allen) for the replies.

    Bill
    Bill, May 21, 2008