Sansa View 16GB MP3 says "Empty" on all folders!

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by ChrisCoaster, Jan 10, 2009.

  1. ChrisCoaster

    ChrisCoaster Guest

    At work, I carry my Sansa View mp3 player from conference room to room
    to "test" the audio system weekly.

    I turned it off after testing room A because I had to do something
    else between testing rooms.

    When I got to room "B", I turned on the player to cue up a song before
    plugging it into the room system. It registered "empty" on all
    folders/sorting methods: "Song List", Genre, Artist, etc.

    I checked Videos - "Empty", Photos - "Empty".

    At home I reformatted it - which erases everything of course, and
    proceeded to reload everything from my PC onto the Sansa view.

    Halfway through loading the songs, the PC popped up a notice: "Have
    lost communications with the device". The View's screen was dimly lit
    - like a TV set to DVD input but the player is not on.

    It stayed like that no matter what I pressed. I then resolved to
    holding the power slider switch off for FIVE MINUTES - after which
    "Sansa View" and Goodbye finally appeared.

    I then turned it back on - reloaded everything successfully, and
    haven't had any problems during the 16 hours since.

    What caused this - and could it happen again?

    Thanks,

    ChrisCoaster

    ChrisCoaster, Jan 10, 2009